not sure if this a legit problem or something im doing

M

Matth3w

Do you guys ever go to hit a link or button when browsing and it scrolls all the way to the bottom for no apparent reason? Right now I'm using the milestone browser but it did that for sure on the stock browser and I think even on xscope

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Do you guys ever go to hit a link or button when browsing and it scrolls all the way to the bottom for no apparent reason? Right now I'm using the milestone browser but it did that for sure on the stock browser and I think even on xscope

It's happened to me on occasion.

OP
M

Matth3w

I'm just wondering if I'm hitting some shortcut that I don't know about. I'm definitely not hitting alt plus anything. It can just be a pain in the ass if I'm on a forum withh 100 replies

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Gotta be careful. She's very sensitive. You want to make sure you're not moving your finger up or down the screen as you push. I sometimes have this issue with the powerstrip on Home++ as well. When I try to push the battery icon to see the usage percent, sometimes it scrolls the powerstrip instead...

Silver Member
Reaction score
android is trying to determine the difference between a touch and a flick. if you roll your finger as you tap it, it might be interpreted as a flick instead of a touch.

a flick will produce the behavior you've described.

a good rule of thumb, when touching buttons, etc., is to make sure you are making solid contact with the phone's screen, as opposed to a quick tap.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
android is trying to determine the difference between a touch and a flick. if you roll your finger as you tap it, it might be interpreted as a flick instead of a touch.

a flick will produce the behavior you've described.

a good rule of thumb, when touching buttons, etc., is to make sure you are making solid contact with the phone's screen, as opposed to a quick tap.

Thanks for the backup!:)

OP
M

Matth3w

Yeah but even when I purposely flick, I can never get it to scroll 100 replies, it only goes a few. This automatically scrolls to the bottom of any page.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah but even when I purposely flick, I can never get it to scroll 100 replies, it only goes a few. This automatically scrolls to the bottom of any page.

I'm under the impression that it's standard, and have experienced, that flicking quickly causes it to scroll pretty darn far, if not to the bottom of a page, unless the screen is touched again.

Maybe you need to work on your ninja skills, because, most of the time when I flick accidentally, I catch myself before it scrolls far enough to be the equivalent of 100 posts...