Not recieving text

d33p

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This was probably happening for the last week or so I don't really have an idea when it started. Basicly I can recieve phone calls and send text messages but can't recieve text messages. It resolved when i plugged in my phone, selected Storage mode and droid spontaneously started to get bombarded with texts. i got around 15. and most of them were the replies that I never recieved.

What might have caused this? I don't want to run into something like this again.

Thanks,
deep

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could try to restore factory settings in your messages. Or you could try an alternate like chomp or handsent. If that don't work dial *228 to try to reactivate your phone.

Let me know what if any of those work.

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could try to restore factory settings in your messages. Or you could try an alternate like chomp or handsent. If that don't work dial *228 to try to reactivate your phone.

Let me know what if any of those work.

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This was probably happening for the last week or so I don't really have an idea when it started. Basicly I can recieve phone calls and send text messages but can't recieve text messages. It resolved when i plugged in my phone, selected Storage mode and droid spontaneously started to get bombarded with texts. i got around 15. and most of them were the replies that I never recieved.

What might have caused this? I don't want to run into something like this again.

Thanks,
deep[/QUO

Option 1. Try a factory reste of your message settings
option 2. Try an alternate like chomp or handscent.
Option 3. *228 to reactivate your phone.

OP
D

d33p

Reaction score
Thanks guys :)

I tried the alternate method and called VZW. they made me punch a couple of codes and voila everything works now. I guess it had something to do with Verion's end.

Tnx :)

Taegost

Reaction score
Also, how often do you reboot your phone? I recommend doing it no less than every 2-3 days, 'cuz strange things happen if you don't :)

aDroidman

Reaction score
This is a problem at random with Verizon. It has happened on a couple of phones and it is completely random. The fix that was discovered was to do a shut down and pull the battery wait 5-10 mins and then put the battery back in and turn on. If this does not fix it then you should talk to Verizon. I have a friend that had this problem and thats what Verizon told them to do. It worked BUT they had a simple flip phone.

OP
D

d33p

Reaction score
@Taegost Well, It usually reboots itself :D out of nowhere and usually every 2-3 days.