Not receiving MMS? Check Autostarts...

Inkarnit

Reaction score
So I was having a problem where people sent me pics in text and I never received them. I could send them just fine.

I searched threads all over the place and couldn't get any kind of answer that made sense. Some people mentioned problems with Juice Defender, but I had never downloaded that. Others suggested wiping the cache, but that didn't work. I was at a loss and refused to take it to Verizon for them to factory reset, which would have worked as well...

Upon further investigation, I realized that I had configured the app Autostarts not to open the stock Text Messaging app for anything. Ever. I use Handcent, so why would I want both to be operating? Apparently the stock Text Messaging app is indeed necessary, as Autostarts definitely warns you prior to disabling any system applications. Text Messaging is a system application that is necessary if you want to receive MMS. Go re-enable every instance you see of Text Messaging and you will have MMS goodness again. (To be fair, it may not be necessary to re-enable EVERY instance of Text Messaging... I'm just not sure which one is necessary to make MMS work)

autostarts is SOO much more trouble than its worth.

use titanium backup to freeze what you dont want. and it doesnt cause problems like this. i froze stock apps and when i need to update from VZW i can just defrost them and take the update.

and the fact that autostarts seems to have to be constantly running to prevent stuff from opening. waste of battery IMO

Hmm. I wasn't even aware that I could freeze stuff with Titanium Backup but upon looking I see that's because I have the free version. I'm too cheap to pay $6 for it. And Autostarts doesn't appear to be using battery...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TBU is definitely worth the money to me. do batch backups/restores too

Back