Not receiving email alerts

solar

Reaction score
Hello,
I have not been getting and email notifications when someone replies to a thread i'm subscribed to (1-2 mos now) . I made sure it was set correctly in the settings. I unsubscribed from some theads so that I had 10 or less. I changed my settings to "no notifications" then back to "instant notifications" in an effort to reset it. I double checked my email, and I made sure that my spam filter wasnt eating it as well. I basically have to manually go check my subscribed threads and go to each one to see whats new and I can' respond in a timely manner.

Has something changed and I haven't been paying attention, or is there an issue somewhere? Any help on this would be awesome, thanks!:)

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i forwarded this on to someone that might know more about your issue.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
hey,

Did you really subscribe with instant email notification on every post of the subscribed thread?
Try unsubscribing, and then again subscribing with instant email not's.

as well, check your CP > Edit options
maybe you unchecked some email boxes!

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Thanks Corinacakes!

RinTinTigger:
I just unscunscribed and resubscribed to the whole thread, not every post within the thread. Is that even possible? and how would the two differ?

You want me to unsubscibe, then resubscribe with email notidications? I think I have done that but I will try it again to be thorough. I will double check my settings also. Will post back in a few. Thanks!

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
All my setting appear to be correct. I really haven't changed much , if anything. I only went to look at the settings when I started having this issue. Before that I lived in ignorant bliss. :)

I did again unsub and resub to a few threads and the made sure it was set to instant notifications. I haven't received anything yet....:(

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Which e-mail alerts? Gmail or the factory-installed email prog for other accounts? How do you subscribe to a particular thread and only get notifications for those?

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Which e-mail alerts? Gmail or the factory-installed email prog for other accounts? How do you subscribe to a particular thread and only get notifications for those?

I was having an issue where I was no longer receiving instant email alerts to subscribed threads. I did all the standard trouble shooting on my end.The admin(s) must have fixed it on the back end because I started to receive them this weekend. It goes to my standard email account. It had been quite a while too! Its much nicer to have notifs again! As far as I know, you can only have one type of alert. Mine are and were set to instant.

Last edited:

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I get it now. E-mails to alert you to threads subscribed to here or another forum, not audible/visible alerts on the phone.

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
I get it now. E-mails to alert you to threads subscribed to here or another forum, not audible/visible alerts on the phone.

It actually didn't have anything to do with the phone at all. I wasn't getting email alerts period. I had to go check my subscribed threads manually to see if anyone else had poseted in a thread I was involved in. Outlook, phone, webmail, didn't matter. Doridforums.net wasn't sending me any notifications. I don't know what the issue was because it was fixed without any notification (not that i'm complaining!).