Not receiving all calls

AJInvestigator

Reaction score
Has anyone had this problem with Verizon? For several months now, I have had instinces of not receiving calls, no "missed calls alert", only voicemail from the person who tried to call me. Two different phones, the Maxx (used) and M (new), serveral tech calls to VZW, but it still continues. I'm on an extended network here in NM, but I have 3g and several bars on my signal meter. VZW has : refreshed the network. had me make sure my software was up to date, I did a reboot, and then did an FDR, and the next day, had 3 calls that never showed as missed.

Am I experiencing something unique because of my location or maybe the phone? Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks, this forum is awesome.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm going to say that it's probably your location. The same thing happens to my parents when they're at home and when I'm visiting. They live in an extended area with 3G (and sometimes 4G depending on where you stand in the house), but things are spotty. Sometimes calls come through, sometimes they don't and they'll just get a voicemail notification later. And it happens across all different kinds of devices - the dumb phones my parents are still using, all of the Android devices I've owned over the years, and the iPhone my sister has. It's all due to the location of their house along with where someone is in the house.

OP
A

AJInvestigator

Reaction score
Thanks bsweetness, but why won't VZW accept the responsibility that it's their problem? BTW, what about with your note? You did not mention you had problems, just your sister, previous androids and your parentals.

VZW supposedly bought out a local wireless in this area, SE NM, so maybe they can incorporate some of those towers and get us better coverage.

Thanks again. I'll tried to live with the problem for awhile.

buldog

Reaction score
Is it at any time or do you notice it more when you are running an app?

I haven't had any problems with my razrm, but noticed with my d2g I would have calls go straight to voicemail with no missed calls when I was in different apps. Never pinpointed it but it was always when something else was running. Always chalked it up to rooting and messing things up before I new a little more about what I was doing.

OP
A

AJInvestigator

Reaction score
Hey buldog, wish I could blame it on running apps, but after calling VZW tech, I reset everything so I had nothing foreign on my phone, BTW, not rooted, and had 3 more calls the next morning that didn't ring thru, just showed up as voicemail.

Oh well, I guess that's what I get for living in NM, we don't get much technology here. I will "grin and bear it" and hopefully VZW will come around to us.

Thanks for your input.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Thanks bsweetness, but why won't VZW accept the responsibility that it's their problem? BTW, what about with your note? You did not mention you had problems, just your sister, previous androids and your parentals.

VZW supposedly bought out a local wireless in this area, SE NM, so maybe they can incorporate some of those towers and get us better coverage.

Thanks again. I'll tried to live with the problem for awhile.

It happens with all of my Android phones when I'm there, including the Note 2. Every active Verizon device has problems there. It's a combination of the location and the house.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Maybe try a new SIM and see if that helps? Any Verizon store will replace it for free

Any corporate Verizon store will replace it for free. Authorized retailers often charge.