phone doesn't ring, call goes straight to voicemail

terryshelton

Reaction score
I've had this problem several times in the last few weeks. I'll get a voicemail notification even though I've had my phone on my desk, well within hearing range.

In short, I get a call, the phone doesn't ring, the call goes straight to voicemail, and the call log does not show a missed and/or incoming call. This has happened with several different contacts.

The ringer is on High (I use Volume Locker so no problem with accidentally turning it down or muting), the conatcts do not have the "straight to voicemail" option checked, and most of the time the phone works fine. It's very random.

Droid, 2.1

browneyedgirl

Reaction score
I have been having a similar problem but mine plays 1-2 seconds of the ringtone whether it's a call or a message. It doesn't do it every time, just once in a while. But if the phone isn't right next to me, I don't hear it since the sound is so short.

skyryder1044

Reaction score
Incredible doesn't ring. Calls go straight to Voicemail

Incredible doesn't ring. Calls go straight to Voicemail. This started recently. What's the cause and fix? Thanks.

graymessycat

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. This is not an issue with the sound. The call never comes through. After the set number of rings it goes to voice mail.

Was there a recent update?

minh5942

Reaction score
I am having this problem too. Since I got my Droid X 4 months ago. The phone is on my desk and next thing I look at it there is voice mail notification icon display. I did not heard any ring at all. I thought it just happens with my phone. Now other people got same problem. Can anyone explain this issue. Thank you in advance.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't think this is going to really solve your issue but make sure in your settings/sound you don't have it set on silent mode.

minh5942

Reaction score
Thank you Hookbill for fast reply. My setting for sound is not a silent mode. If it did I would see phone icon at notification bar.

skyryder1044

Reaction score
Calls going directly to Voicemail

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked my Sound. It was on. Then I went to my home landline and dialed my Droid number. I quickly received a message on my land line saying, "Your call has been forwarded to an automatic voice message system". My Droid never rang.

Natey2

Reaction score
I think Carriers do this when network traffic is too high, to reduce further burden on their voice networks.
I had the same problem when I was using Windows Mobile with AT&T. Always happened during peak usage times too (8am, noon, 5pm).

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

LTC1967

Reaction score
I strongly believe the problem is that the phone is in data transfer and is not connected to faster network 3G/4G etc. I'm having some problems but I use AT&T Atrix and looking for resolution. I want a telephone with phone calls the highest priority.