Not quite a Droid owner yet

bjgdal

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm the owner of a Treo 700wx on Verizon. I'm a very loyal Verizon customer (though I am just as unhappy with the lack of choice they have in smartphones as most folks are). My Treo is still functional though I am due for new every 2 (overdue by almost a year) and considering an "upgrade". I put that in quotes because I'm not quite yet convinced that a Droid will be an upgrade. I like the looks better, seems like the screen is way better, but honestly I will miss my stylus and the ability to "write" on the screen. Also no Audible and no eReader app so far it seems. I use Mobipocket so need to find an alternative. I also have a Fictionwise account. I'm not concerned about the basic functions but wanted to come in here and see what you folks have to say..especially if any of you were previous 700wx users. Should I do it now or wait a bit? I know the apps will come, and in the meantime I can convert on PC or find other workarounds but the Treo is still functional. I'm not sure what I'm looking for from you..I think I really want something newer, sexier and with better screen size/resolution but not sure that all overrides my level of happiness with the current device. So...have at it. Betty

PS oh yes one other concern I had is the web browsing security. Did they fix that in 2.0?

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Heya and welcome here at DROIDFORUMS!

:welcome: :welcome:

Hope you feel good so far here and like it.
Well i think the best option for you would just be
going into the local VZW shop and take the droid in
your´own hands and see about functionality and so on.

So, whatever it is, just feel free to ask!

Tigger