Not much volume... Volume... VOLUME!

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
Actually, the problem is NOT MUCH VOLUME. I had an S4 until I traded it for a Droid Turbo and the problem is the same for both - neither one gets loud at all. Both my stepson's Droid... Something and my wife's Droid... Something, which are both older phones, blast the S4 and the Turbo out of the water when it comes to playing music and video. (Sorry, can't recall the models.) I really can't believe how much louder they get than either of my two most recent phones. I seem to recall that low volume was a known issue with the S4; but the Turbo as well?

I've tried some volume booster and EQ apps but they don't seem to help.

Is this also a known problem with the Turbo? Yes, I call it a problem.

Are there any vol booster apps that work?

Running 4.4.4, SU2-12.

TIA,
Dr Fatsides

JDH

Reaction score
I agree, my razr maxx was far superior in the volume area. This phone definitely had a few short comings. Given that, it still a pretty good device overall.
Curious, why you still on KK

monstermanhbf

Reaction score
Website
www.hpibajaforum.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S7
Hmm I think my Turbo has good volume/sound. I use PowerAmp "paid version" and I think it plays back music loud enough. I mean don't get me wrong its nothing compared to my Braven Bluetooth Speaker but its loud enough for me!
Try PowerAmp they have a free version as well.

OP
Dr Fatsides

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
Given that, it still a pretty good device overall.
Curious, why you still on KK

Hmm I think my Turbo has good volume/sound. I use PowerAmp "paid version" and I think it plays back music loud enough. I mean don't get me wrong its nothing compared to my Braven Bluetooth Speaker but its loud enough for me!
Try PowerAmp they have a free version as well.

I agree, overall, it is a nice phone; just don't like the low volume.

Lollipop seems to have some bugs, from what I've read; plus I don't like the look and all the white screens. I prefer the dark, simpler look of KitKat.

I'll give PowerAmp a try.

Thanks, gentlemen!

Wynnded01

Reaction score
They probably figure why waste their time on making the device loud when you can plug in earphones or connect to a Bluetooth speaker.

OP
Dr Fatsides

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
Yeah, but sometimes when you're sitting around with your buds you just want to play them a YouTube video or something...even attached to my car the volume through the phone isn't as loud as the radio.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My turbo is actually pretty loud..when I first took the update I had some volume fluctuations... Check your audio settings..see if its set to bass punch or balanced...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, my dad's Razr Maxx destroys my phone on volume. Just found this out the other day when he was completely drowning out my Volbeat with some Elvis Presley. :(

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My ring on incoming calls ( Digital Phone ) 1st. one is very low the 2nd and beyond is loud ( I have volume at max so I can hear it when in my pocket )

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Different eq settings for the speaker output. Will put different emphasis on different frequencies.. I find balanced or off is better.. So your not overdriving the speaker in the front or back

Last edited:

JDH

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back to life. Just wanted to report that since the 5.1 and the following update after 5.1 the volume on phone calls is substantially louder now on my turbo. Much better as I have a bit of a hearing loss.