Low call volume on Motorola Droid?

mojo pin

Reaction score
I just received a Motorola Droid (1) in the mail yesterday. I had bought it on ebay and it activated just fine and seems to be working perfectly, except for one slightly annoying problem. I've noticed that the call volume is very low even when I've got the volume set as high as it will go. While the sound quality of the call is great, I find myself struggling to hear the person on the other end. It's basically okay (though not ideal) in a quiet setting but if I'm in a store or something like that I can't hear much at all and may as well just end the call.

I've done a battery pull, hard reset, and I've messed with the volume settings as much as I can. I can't really think of anything else I can try and am thinking I'll just have to live with it since I can't take it back to Verizon. I know this isn't the intended volume for this phone because my boyfriend has the exact same model and his is MUCH louder than mine. Mine is hardly half as loud as his.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
First, Welcome to the Forum

It's unfortunate you are having these problems, and I am guessing trading devices with your B/F is out of the question :)

I have never heard of this issues, there is not anything above and beyond the stock volume controls, even if you were to consider Rooting your Device, some custom ROM's (UD) have very efficient equalizers, these EQ settings do not affect the in call speaker sound quality or volume, only Bluetooth/Headphone/and Phone Speaker

OP
mojo pin

mojo pin

Reaction score
Hmmmm... Maybe I should switch our phones when he's sleeping... haha :) It's a bummer for sure but at least I can hear fairly okay under normal circumstances... I suppose that's better than having a more serious problem that prevents me from even being able to use the phone at all. Guess I'll just have to get used to it! I'll probably end up with a permanent phone imprint on the side of my face from smashing it to my ear...

And thank you for the welcome! I do love the phone, other than that pesky little problem. I'm sure I'll be posting more on here, but hopefully not because of more problems! ;)