Not getting group messages created from iphone users or getting responses

Beababy28

Reaction score
I never had this issue before but now when some of my iphone friends (same ones as before) make a group message and include me im not getting it! Also, when I created a group message with the same exact people I wasn't getting their responses at all from my own group message. Verizon made me hard reset my phone so I did which sucked and I tested and started another message with the same 4 people all iphone users, I was able to get a response back from one of them and one other turned off iMessage and I then got hers but the first person still had their iMessage on and the other two people I didn't get their responses at all! Can it be this new crappy ice cream sandwich update?! I never had a problem before group messaging with the same 4 iphone users weather they had their iMessage on or not. This sucks! Anyone having the same group problems? I checked my settings and mms is checked and the verizon techs said all my settings look fine but it's only on my end it's not working. I had the droid 2 before this and there was never any issues with group messaged to iphone users, this phone sucks.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
First off welcome to the forums!

Sorry you are having problems with your group messaging. I have not experienced this issue, I only have one friend who uses Apple products and he pushes the boundaries of our friendship with me daily. :)

Not to steer away from stock stuff, but I use GoSms and they have a couple options for grouping messages naively to work just like those messages from Iphone users. Maybe something to check into, or maybe someone else on here will have some opinions or have more experience.

dycorrado

Reaction score
Group messaging with my droid and iphone

Hello,

So the issue I run into the basically the same. I send a group message to 5 friends from my razr and they all have iphones. All of them have their "imessage" turned on. They will get my text, but when they reply, I get nothing. I turned my friends "imessage" off and the group text now comes to my phone in group form. Anyone know of a fix? Only get the error with group and not single text.

Ophus

Reaction score
I had the same problem. GoSms has a setting that lets you send and receive group texts with iphone users. I checked the box and it has worked fine since. I don't know how you would get the stock app to work.