Not getting Calls and Texts

fargoneoff

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid, one of the originals, and have had a number of problems over the last few months. Around April I realized that I wasn't getting phone calls from many of my contacts, even family members on the same plan. I also wouldn't get a lot of text messages sent by friends and family that they would show me they sent. Taking the advice of the Verizon associate, I reset to the factory setting on my phone which was a huge hassle and helped only for about a week, but I looked at the prices of new phones and decided to just deal with it.

However, now I am again not receiving all my messages and again not all my calls. As recently as yesterday I missed over 6 texts from two separate contacts and my phone keeps resetting as well as cutting out service all together! Usually this doesn't happen since I am in a good coverage area and have paid my bills and everything. My phone applications have also been acting up and I haven't been able to use a lot of them without them crashing or needing to "force close".

Has anyone else had these issues? Have you resolved them? Do I need a new phone?! I mean, I have only had this phone since May 2010!

OP
F

fargoneoff

Reaction score
Nope. After I reset all my factory settings last time I tried to not do anything custom to avoid any issues. I friend of mine is having the same issues with his Droid 1. My screen from time to time also doesn't respond or will have serious delays responding and then performs all actions at the same time and then crashes.

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Usually a reboot would take care of this. But mine is rooted and runs super smooth and fine with over 70 apps on the homescreen and 5 widgets. But airplane mode on?

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.1
[ ] Apple iPhone 3G: RedSn0w Jailbreak
Tapatalk