Nooo please please help i bricked my phone!!!

mohitrocks

Reaction score
WOW!! I THINK I BRICKED MY PHONE!!! PLEASE!! HELP!!! I WAS EDITING THE mot_boot_mode file to enable extra memory, and now whenever I Start my phone I get stuck on the motorola logo. I do not want to loose everything. Please please help. Just so you know, I can access bootloader and recovery.

ksharpl3

Reaction score
just go into recovery then restore a backup. If you did not make a backup then you can use clockwork to put update.zip files onto sdcard.

OP
M

mohitrocks

Reaction score
Whaat? I do not understand. Please provide a tutorial. I did not create a nandroid backup. Please pelase help

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you can access recovery just have a ROM on your SDCard and install it thru recovery...

OP
M

mohitrocks

Reaction score
please explain further, i have no idea about what your talking about please explain ( and yes, i can put my micro sd card into my laptop)

R1Lover

Reaction score
lmao if you have no clue what you are doing then WTF did you edit that file? lmao

Like they said above... put a rom on your sdcard and boot into recovery... install update.zip and your good to go.

R1Lover

Reaction score
If you want a detailed instruction list here it is.

1. unnecessary comment
2. find a rom of your choice
3. download this rom and put it in the root of your sdcard (renamed to update.zip)
4. Boot into recovery on your phone
5. Select install update.zip
6. Don't edit files you know nothing about.
7. If you don't listen to #6 above.... DO A BACKUP FIRST!!!!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

sremex

Reaction score
Ok first off, are you rooted? If not there is nothing you can do and you didn't brick your phone, you just f'd it up a lot. I need to know this before I can help you any further. Also don't mess with stuff if you have no idea what you are doing

OP
M

mohitrocks

Reaction score
If you want a detailed instruction list here it is.

1. unnecessary comment
2. find a rom of your choice
3. download this rom and put it in the root of your sdcard (renamed to update.zip)
4. Boot into recovery on your phone
5. Select install update.zip
6. Don't edit files you know nothing about.
7. If you don't listen to #6 above.... DO A BACKUP FIRST!!!!

:)
wait... What??? Just so you guys know, I rooted, than re-ran update.zip and the vulnerable recovery sbf 2 times, so I'm pretty sure I still have root but... Anyways, I was following a guide to open extra memory as I need it desperately, and I kept getting an error in terminal ( don't laugh, I don't know how to use adb) and stupidly, I decided to turn it off and back on, and now I can't turn it on. ( well... I can but it gets stuck on the bootlogo) . Also, what is a rom? do you mean custom rom? Could you give me some links and a tutorial to fix this without poising any info?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

mohitrocks

Reaction score
Sorry, im on my iPod touch. Please ignore the ;without poising any info. it's supposed to be losing

Last edited:
OP
M

mohitrocks

Reaction score
Someone please reply!! I'm without a phone!! Also, if I have to use a custom rom, I do not want Pulsar. Also, if I do a factory reset, will I still have root, and will my phone actually boot?

OP
M

mohitrocks

Reaction score
OP
M

mohitrocks

Reaction score
... Its booting right now, and its stuck on the motorola logo. - NEVER MIND!!! ITS ACTUALLY ON THE ANDROID SCREEN!!! YAY THANKYOU - Great... Lost all my data.... thanks...

Last edited: