Nooby with a problem....Of course!

ktotten

Reaction score
Good evening to all. My name is Keith and I am a Server Admin in New York. I am current with much of the Computer/Networking technology however, the cellphones I am just getting into. I wish I could say that I was joining the forum just because I am interested and wanted to learn more however, that would only be partially true. I am interested but will admit that my current smart phone, which had been my pride an joy, is now useless and I haven't the funds to replace it. So, here I am. I look forward to chatting with some of you fine folks and hope that my membership may prove to be at least of some value to you as well. Thank you!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome from queens. . I too came here because of phone issues.. its great to find fixes to common problems.. is ur phone broken?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome aboard Keith!

OP
K

ktotten

Reaction score
Yes indeed, I do have a phone problem. Last Friday it started to reboot spontaneously and the situation quickly became evident as a catastrophic situation! It is in a reboot loop starting at the welcome screen and reboots to just before the OS loads. And then it starts over again. The phone is a Motorola Droid Bionic with all updates current from verizon wireless. I had a few downloaded apps loaded and some file storage for a couple of videos, a few audio books and a couple ebooks. This phone was my right hand in almost all parts of my day to day affairs. I attempted a factory reset and the reboot cycle continues because as far as I can tell, the cycle never lasts long enough to complete a reset. I have called tech support and run the recovery and the reset tools that verizon techs use. This runs the longest but I have no idea if it completes or just cuts it off with another reboot. Not sure where to go from here. Was considering attempting a reload of the Motorola base OS and then re-install the Android software which I think is jellybean. Any suggestions that anyone has is greatly appreciated. At this point the phone is a brick and it just can get worse so throw out the ideas! Thanks in advance.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
We were all noobs at one point.
Since phones are very voltage sensitive and yours has some age on it I suggest take the battery out and rub the contacts of it with a pencil eraser and also while it's out look for swelling of the battery. If there is any swelling replace it asap but if not it could have build up on it, causing the phone to see a false positive overheat or voltage drop, causing the phone to reboot, see the same error, reboot on and on.
If the battery contacts are clean or it doesn't solve the issue perhaps others can chime in with ways to boot into safe mode and see if it's just an installed app gone rogue.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope you got your phone problem resolved. DancingNexus