noob

kb6jra

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a recent convert from my BB Storm to a Droid 2. I'm of course having issues in the transition but I do love my new device.
I'd call it a phone but it's more than a phone, I'd call it a toy but it's way better than a toy.

I'm looking forward to reading what the experts are saying about my new device.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay and the blackberry switch.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
K

kb6jra

Reaction score
ha, well I'll try. I am looking for info on how to sync my gmail contacts and calendar because that would be very helpful to me, but I'll keep looking. Thanks for the welcome

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had probs syncing my calender when I first started out. Maybe I can help. What trouble are you running in to?

OP
K

kb6jra

Reaction score
well I was under the impression that my gmail account would just sync up when i set it up in store. NOPE. I can retrieve my gmail account but no syncing is happening.

When I look at my calendar widget it says to sync for the first time, which i cannot do. It doesn't even give me an option to in my accounts.

arggghhh

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok here's what I would do

Go to settings > accounts > google and remove your google acct then create and sync a dummy acct. Create at least one calendar event and then go back to settings > accounts > google and resync your acct and get rid of the dummy. See if that does it for you.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

Standard rules apply:

Play nice. No flames. Keep it clean. Keep it family friendly. Don't double post. Don't feed the Mods, SMods, or Admins. They'll follow you home if you do, so really, it's for your own protection.

OP
K

kb6jra

Reaction score
lol thanks. Ok I did what all self respecting nerds do, I reset to factory defaults and started over. NOW i have the calendar but can't find where my contacts are sync'd on gmail / google. they're there and i can access them but it's not as clear to me that they're stored where I want them to be. not sure what's going on but i do have my calendar at the moment and that's good news. I'll attack this little by little over the next few days. thanks for your help

Matt, new drodian

OP
K

kb6jra

Reaction score
well just an update, had to reset the phone to factory defaults and start over. luckily the lookout program loaded on the device did it's job and backed up everything and restored it automatically. now i have a functioning calendar...YAY:icon_ banana:

Thanks for your help on this issue all, and I'll keep lurking and learning.

:)

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum i had the same switch and it took me a couple weeks to get use to the android software and the D2 in general. i can honestly say it a switch i will never regret because the D2 has so many more capabilities than the BB storm(1). i hope you enjoy the switch and enjoy the stay