noob - what is SBF

shauneyboy

Reaction score
I'm waiting for my D2G to arrive and swatting up on what i need to do to get it rooted and themed and all that. Never had a smart phone before so complete noob.

What does SBF mean?

Is there an easy way to see all the roms and themes available to the D2G in one place with screenshots and download links?

Can't wait to mod my first decent phone - bring it on!!!!!!

- shauneyboy

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is your opportunity to start searching! Google and these forums are your best friend. There are countless threads on this topic. So I'm not going to discuss it until you've done some looking yourself :)

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

OP
S

shauneyboy

Reaction score
Thanks Domenic (I think).

But yeah I'll check the forums. My D2G arrived and I just opened it. I'm a UK user and wondering if Verizon would unlock my phone free of charge if I called them. My guess is no. Damn Verizon.

I'm Shaun and I'm a DroidForums fresher.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
An sbf file is a file you use in your bootloader to flash your phone back to its out of the box state.

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you hold power and the up key while booting, you'll get to the bootloader. That is where you do the sbf from. You'll need a program called rsd lite 4.9 and install it on your computer. Now to allow these two devices to communicate, you'll need the motorola drivers (these can be found on the moto site). You will also need the FULL (Not system), sbf file for the d2.

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict