Noob to the droid!

megawatz

Reaction score
Hey all

Just joined here because I've been lurking through the threads and noticing some pretty awesome things you all are doing here. I'm interested in looking into doing a few "software mods" to my droid. I'm on day three with it and I love every second I have with it.

I'm not a comlete noob in the flashing and software modding though, I used to do a lot of ROM flashing and customizing when I had my HTC Touch Diamond. I did manage to sucessfully get Android (back in the day) to work on my PPC-6700, which was awesome.

I have a few questions that I would like to ask, seeing that I'm new to the Android world.

Is overclocking really worth it? What do our droids run at now, and what's a safe speed to run it if i flash a new "theme" to it?

Also, (if anyone has ever done HTC and Windows Mobile flashing), is it similar or just as easy to flash our Droids?

Thanks all, and I hope to lurk and help as much as I can throughout the forums. I'm very excited about my DROID!dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey all

Just joined here because I've been lurking through the threads and noticing some pretty awesome things you all are doing here. I'm interested in looking into doing a few "software mods" to my droid. I'm on day three with it and I love every second I have with it.

I'm not a comlete noob in the flashing and software modding though, I used to do a lot of ROM flashing and customizing when I had my HTC Touch Diamond. I did manage to sucessfully get Android (back in the day) to work on my PPC-6700, which was awesome.

I have a few questions that I would like to ask, seeing that I'm new to the Android world.

Is overclocking really worth it? What do our droids run at now, and what's a safe speed to run it if i flash a new "theme" to it?

Also, (if anyone has ever done HTC and Windows Mobile flashing), is it similar or just as easy to flash our Droids?

Thanks all, and I hope to lurk and help as much as I can throughout the forums. I'm very excited about my DROID!dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Welcome to the forum, megawatz! We're glad that you've decided to join us! Here's your new home Droid Hacking - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hello megawatz and welcome.

A lot of your questions you can find the answers to in the Hacks section.

You will get a lot of different opinions and facts on the MANY different options that will be available to you. It's truly endless : )

Glad you registered and made an intro. Welcome to the forums.

Enjoy