Noob to the Droid Nation...ha

Just_Chris

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Chris and I'm a droid noob. I have been lurking in the forums for a few weeks to decide if I wanted to make the change. I have been using Crapberrys for the past several years and Nextels before that.

I bought a Droid Incredible yesterday and this thing is going to take some getting used to.
My wife has an iphone....I had to go out and one-up....you know how it is. Gotta be the alpha.

My only complaint so far is not being able to teather the phone to the laptop & use the phone as a modem like i did with the BB. I am on jobsites a lot and need the laptop for documents, drawings & such. Through a little searching I have found some work-arounds that I will try to implement.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Chris, as you know there is a work around for everything, read up about root and the Incredible in the Incredible section here and wireless tethering might become a reality folr you

JadedJak

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the Incredible supports it but PAN (wireless tether similar to BB) is included with the X. You might see if your incredible has that BT profile. Or try PdaNet but rooting will probably give you the most options. (wifi tether being one)