Hello fellow droid people!

kattt

Reaction score
I'm new here. I have been lurking for a little while and decided today to make a droidforums account. My phone is a Droid X, which I bought for myself in November '10 as an early Christmas present. It was my very first smart phone! There were so many things my droid x replaced besides my phone, it replaced my digital camera, my video camera, my iPod, and in some ways my laptop...

If you can't tell already, I am a female. And a female with smaller hands. I use the phone upright most of the time and didn't see Droid X's as much of a problem when I first bought it, but it was still somewhat difficult to type as fast as I wanted... Over time, I realized the phone was not as portable as I wanted due to fashion choices. (Ex. Skirts/ dresses without pockets or if they did they would weigh it down). It always needed to be in a bag, and when I needed to go without purse/bag like at a party or some other more active event I found myself leaving it behind in my bag and defeating the purpose of a cell phone. After much frustration, I bought a blackberry. (I kept my droid though!) I was happy for a while with it -- being able to type faster, faster scrolling, and of course portability. But being used to my droid I found it to be so slow for browsing the internet and using GPS and other necessary features for my life in a new city. =[ I wanted to go back, but I also wanted to utilize more of the features that the BB didn't have and sheer power of my phone. I wanted to make it a "power smart phone" / 'mini tablet'. I wanted it to be able to replace my laptop in the classroom (using a small wireless keyboard), I wanted to type/swype faster (I bought a stylus), and I wanted portability (I bought a higher quality case/holster). So here I am..Researching, lurking, and hopefully I will be able to help as well. I want to learn how to use my droid x to its full potential! :motdroidvert:

Insidious

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
My mom is EXACTLY the same way with her X2. She always carrys this weird little bag around because it never fits in her pockets. And I always criticize her because apparently I don't get womens fashion limitations. :b
By the way do you have your X activated?

Sent from my D2G on MIUI
:)

OP
kattt

kattt

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
My mom is EXACTLY the same way with her X2. She always carrys this weird little bag around because it never fits in her pockets. And I always criticize her because apparently I don't get womens fashion limitations. :b
By the way do you have your X activated?

Sent from my D2G on MIUI

haha. Yeah, some of the pants' pockets I have are completely useless because they are so small. I had a little bag for mine too. I found this case that has a place for cards and other things, so I am using that currently.

Also, My X is activated.