Noob Rooting - Still on 886 with oneclickroot where to go to get updates

riche

Reaction score
I rooted the phone when the root was available right after launch with oneclickroot or petes tools, cant remember. Tried petes tools to unroot, but says phone is not recoginized as a droid 3. Anyway, what is the best way to get the updates or unroot? I want to eventually root again after I update.

I see there are so many options, and I tried to read a lot of posts here, but most are on 893, but I am still on 886. I go to update on the phone and it says no updates are available.

Thanks for any help...

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I rooted the phone when the root was available right after launch with oneclickroot or petes tools, cant remember. Tried petes tools to unroot, but says phone is not recoginized as a droid 3. Anyway, what is the best way to get the updates or unroot? I want to eventually root again after I update.

I see there are so many options, and I tried to read a lot of posts here, but most are on 893, but I am still on 886. I go to update on the phone and it says no updates are available.

Thanks for any help...

you can use this Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method
it has the update files in it and it will root also, there are no options so if you dont want root you should pull the files from the folder and flash them manually.

wilboy

Reaction score

Thanks for any help...
Tips:It's always better to 4ever root before upgrading your device,specially upgrading to 9.901..
but sitting on stock kernel .886(100% stock bloated w/ vw apps.)no way that you can't update using settings>about phone??!!Are you sure you didn't flashed any leaked OTA update before?nor frozed/freezed any VW applications?

BTW...There's a lot of options floating around that you can use....Like the method that I've had used before(from 7.893>went to upgrade path 5.893> and now sitting on 9.901 w/ Liberty ROM w/ 901 support)...
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2wj34xr3gloef3d
Get to 5.5.893 OTA from ANY LEAK - RootzWiki
Just carefully follow all the directions and download all the necessary files to your sd card ext...Goodluck!!

Last edited: