Non rooted droid x gingerbread problem

randroidran

Reaction score
So I updated to the gingerbread update and its been giving me nothing but problems. It will freeze for no reason and then I have to do a battery pull. It will also restart itself. I kind of know about these droid hacks ,but IDK what to do with this issue. I can try to SBF back to froyo ,but I do not want to mess up my phone. If you have any advise it would be very appreciated.

phalstead

Reaction score
Have you tried doing a wipe of data/cache yet? And which Gingerbread update did you use? I'm assuming the OTA update? If you wipe data/cache and still have issues, or if you've already done it, you can SBF back to Froyo (2.2) or SBF to a clean install of Gingerbread (2.3). Both of these files are readily available online, and detailed instructions are also available. If you'd like to have root, you have to SBF to Froyo, then find the pre-rooted Gingerbread update.zips (also available on these forums), and install them following the instructions provided. If you run into any snags or if you need any more help, you know where us nerds will be.

wyld

Reaction score
There is also an sbf file for gingerbread

Sent from my rooted DROID X

wyld

Reaction score
There is always an issue with an ota update something might not come completely all the way through if you can sbf gingerbread you would more less get the entire file that is if trying to root your phone is something your not into

wyld

Reaction score
Or you can spf back to Froyo and root with z4 mod then install the 2 parts rooted gingerbread file

wyld

Reaction score
I hope nobody got to confuse of all that! Lol

phalstead

Reaction score
You posted in 4 separate replies what I said in one. What was the point of that exactly?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You posted in 4 separate replies what I said in one. What was the point of that exactly?

To up his post count?

Phalstead is right though on his advice

sent from my ZombieStomped X

wyld

Reaction score
Why would anyone care or judge a person for helping in this forum no matter of the format the advise is in 1 post 2 post 3 post 4 post lol

phalstead

Reaction score
Because you didn't really give useful advice. You regurgitated what I said sans instruction/direction in broken English throughout 4 different posts.

wyld

Reaction score
Well sorry if that upset you! Lol