Nokia Android Phone Images Leaked [Dubious Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nokia-c1-leak.jpg

This story isn't just a rumor, it qualifies as a "dubious rumor." Despite the lack of credibility, it's interesting enough to catch our attention. What you see above are supposedly leaked images of a new Nokia Android smartphone called the Nokia C1.

What makes this rumor/leak so questionable is the fact that Nokia swears they have no plans to return to the smartphone world. Of course, if they want to keep it a surprise, then they could be lying. Either way, we will leave it up to you guys to speculate on the viability of the above images.

You can also speculate on these included leaked specs for the device:
  • 5-inch, 1080p display.
  • Intel Atom chip
  • 2GB of RAM
  • Android 6.0 Marshmallow
What do you folks think? Is this thing for real, or just a flightless bird?

Source: Engadget

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
According to this article on The Verge (http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/8/9275071/nokia-c1-android-smartphone-leak),

Update September 8th 8:33AM ET: It appears that these pictures are the product of a Nokia fan's imagination rather than prototypes from the Finnish company. They were originally posted by Kim Wayne, who also presented an earlier set of renders of the purported C1.

Although, I'd be game to give a decent Nokia android phone a fighting chance, this one wouldn't do it for me, even if it was real.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah... I figured we would quickly find something to discredit it, which is why I called it a "dubious rumor." :)

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
How many of you have owned a Nokia phone in the past? I've owned a couple of Nokia dumb phones many many years ago.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I had at least 2-3 Nokia dumbphones back in the day. Loved each one in its own right. For my money, they were the place to go if you wanted a "candybar" phone and Moto was the place to go for a flip phone.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I had multiple of these. Also had one almost identical but had a flip down cover over the keypad just couldn't remember the number on it...
417cb8eb337ca501070413f48cbc6dfd.jpg

In digging for that image it also helped me remember this gem which is one of my top 5 all time favorite phones

7fe99d2b790fbe52a9f75ddc50da4157.jpg

Note 4tified

SuperFelix

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S4
It can't be true. Rumors. Nokia only has Here map now. It will not come back to cellphone again. Several days ago, my Nokia 520 had something wrong. So I went to the Nokia Help Center. You know what? They didn't repair Nokia any more but HTC! I am very upset.