[Rumor] Nokia Normandy Might be Called the Nokia X

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nokia-Normandy-multi-view.png

We are going to plant this one squarely in the rumor category, but the source is usually very credible, so we are sharing it with you. According to the latest intel from @evleaks, the final retail name of the Nokia Normandy might end up being the Nokia X. Obviously this name seems to draw inspiration from Google and Motorola. It also seems a bit too "obvious" to us.

eveleaks-tweet-nokia-x.png

Regardless of its veracity, it's interesting to fathom if this unique Android device will actually make it to market before Microsoft takes over Nokia. There have certainly been enough leaked pics and press surrounding the device to get everyone's attention. What do you guys think of the likelihood that this phone will actually see the light of day?

Source: @evleaks

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What's with there only being a back button? I don't get why it's a competition to reduce the amount of soft buttons on a phone. A few have removed them completely obviously and opted for on screen ones but I remember my Droid 1 had 4 buttons and it seems every phone I've had since has decreased by 1.

Also only having a back button is pretty detrimental as developers can override the back button as many have you have probably seen in apps when you have to press back twice to exit. I could in under 5 minutes build an app that a phone with only a back button couldn't get out of and then what you have to power off the phone?

Not to mention I'm pretty sure having a home button is a requirement for the android device partnership terms or whatever. Is there something I'm missing with this?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
What's with there only being a back button? I don't get why it's a competition to reduce the amount of soft buttons on a phone. A few have removed them completely obviously and opted for on screen ones but I remember my Droid 1 had 4 buttons and it seems every phone I've had since has decreased by 1.

Also only having a back button is pretty detrimental as developers can override the back button as many have you have probably seen in apps when you have to press back twice to exit. I could in under 5 minutes build an app that a phone with only a back button couldn't get out of and then what you have to power off the phone?

Not to mention I'm pretty sure having a home button is a requirement for the android device partnership terms or whatever. Is there something I'm missing with this?
Interesting you should notice that. There is some speculation that this phone is going to be a forked version of Android with MSFT/Nokia Services (no google services).

Here's some more discussion/speculation on it >>> https://twitter.com/janole/status/426682413331140608

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
They should call it the Nokia S4, or the Nokia One, all very original names.