No wireless?

comk4ver

Reaction score
So I've seen a lot of phones where you replace the back phone cover and you can get qi wireless charging... I take it it hasn't/won't happened with our beloved nexus?
I've skimmed around amazon but I haven't checked ebay.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
doubt it'll ever make it, the Nexus is well past its life cycle. not that it really had a life cycle to begin with.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
doubt it'll ever make it, the Nexus is well past its life cycle. not that it really had a life cycle to begin with.

This^^^^^^^^^^^

The VZW Nexus was ignored as far as accessories even from it's own manufacturer and VZW. We even got a downgraded car dock that did not use the pogo pins unlike the GSM model, then to add insult to injury only a couple months after it's release even google stopped direct support for the device which was supposed to be "pure google".

This was treated as a true bastard child from Google to Samsung to VZW the only reason I suspected it was even released was almost a year of hype that got users riled up and screaming for this phone.

And I have to admit I succumbed to the hype around this phone, biggest letdown ever. :r_c:

NOVICE

Reaction score
I second the conclusion that the GalaxyNexus was one of the most disappointing phones in modern history.

Paid the subsidized price of 299$ w/in 2 weeks of launch. Inferior radios, Grey, grainy looking screen when the background was white, constant battery drain, and slow, slow response.

Still remember my disappointment when I tried a buddy's Bionic and found it to be appreciably faster, with a better signal, than my supposed cutting edge super phone.

Have had a lot of phones before and after the G Nexus and thought they all had some positives. Can't say that about this device.

I understand the appeal of rooting and flashing. But I still can't believe that even the best OS could save this thing from being the pig that it was.

Apologize for the deprecation, but, man, I really hate this phone.

Did learn, however, to appreciate that professional handset reviewers are too often fooled by the supposedly latest and greatest. I do my homework now before my purchases.

charliehill

Reaction score
It's different now, since Nexus 5 you can directly use qi wireless charger or wireless car charger, I'm considering get one, for too much email to reply by phone to kill power.