No wireless tether with root?(market apps)

Dragonman4994

Reaction score
So I tried a couple of apps to tether my D3 but none of them let the device connected to my phone get to the internet. I used an app that works with my old DX(with cyanogen) but that didn't work either. Any one else having this problem or know a solution?

Sent from my Rooted DROID3

cooltc2004

Reaction score
You can't successfully tether without the radio hack. If you want to tether, you can connect to your phone via bluetooth or hack it.

OP
D

Dragonman4994

Reaction score
I didn't hack the radio on my DX unless cyanogen did. Sorry I'm still new to all of this haha

Sent from my Rooted DROID3

FinalTrigger

Reaction score
I used some of the wireless tether apps that are on the google download, and my computer is able to connect to my phone but no Internet access is possible. This is the one thing i cant figure out. I forgot what error i got in the log, but ill have to repost when i get a chance to look at it again. Gime a minute lol

EDIT: Activating encryption (iwconfig)... failed

Thats my problem

Also the wifi tether im using is android-wifi-tether
http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

Last edited:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I believe Gingerbread broke the wireless tether apps unless you are running a custom build.

Sent from my Viewsonic 10" GTab...GTabComb

Reaction score
I believe Gingerbread broke the wireless tether apps unless you are running a custom build.

Sent from my Viewsonic 10" GTab...GTabComb

Didn't android 2.0 bring tethering? Why would gingerbread take this feature away...?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com

himdroidSC

Reaction score
Guys, the radio hack is really easy, and root is not even required. I did it in just a few minutes, and it was my first ever manual hack. The thread on here gives great step by step instructions, and tells what you will need to download for it to work. Just be super carefull... messing around in those tabs is one of the easiest ways to brick your phone.