No Voice or SMS but data works fine?

cabheton

Reaction score
Hey

So for the last week or two I can't seem to make any calls or texts with my incredible, despite having full bars. Data works fine. I tried updating my PRL, but that seems to work only in very specific areas (i.e. just my office) while 3 weeks ago I got great reception everywhere I went. I'd update my PRL again for my house, but I can't connect enough to make the *228 call.

Has anyone had an issue like this? I went to a store day and they basically told me that couldn't happen. I'm pretty doubtful of them though so I thought I'd see what folks had to say.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Verizon reps... I always get the impression they think we the customer are idiots, ironic that we feel the same about them, eh?

Anyway, if you are at stock unrooted, and have tried a factory reset (Settings, then SD Card and Storage or something like that) then I do indeed believe you have to call Verizon and try to get them to send you a CPO replacement.

Or actually what you might try is in the dialer type in *#*#4636#*#* and look around make sure your phone is set to CDMA (Auto) or something like that.

Sorry, my phone is in recovery for a little while and I kinda forget haha

OP
C

cabheton

Reaction score
Thanks. It was set to CDMA auto already. Back to the store I go...