Losing 3G / Voice connectivity until reboot + PRL 42667?

PeddlerOfFlesh

Reaction score
I've got a droid x running Apex 2.0.0 beta that for some reason randomly turns off my ability to use any data or voice capabilities. This happened at least a week after installing Apex, so I'm inclined to believe the custom ROM is not the problem. I've also noticed that when this happens, the signal bars which are usually green will turn white. I can have 4 white bars, but be unable to make calls or use the internet. Changing to airplane mode and back doesn't help.

I'm not sure if it's related, but also, pretty much every morning my ability to make calls is gone. I can receive them fine and use data, but when I attempt to place a call it shows my contacts photo, then flashes the Call time 00:00 like the call had ended.

Possibly related, in my search for a solution to this problem (I couldn't find anybody with the same problem. Just people losing data, not voice.) I decided to update my PRL. The version shows 42667. I've ran the programming multiple times and it won't update. I've read that the old 4xxxx stuff is from grandfathered Alltel plans, but this is not the case with me. My wife has the same PRL and she is on a different plan that she just upgraded to about 2 years ago and was never Alltel. I can't find any info on this PRL at all to even see if there's a reason I can't update it.

This is getting annoying, because there's no way for me to know if I've lost all communication without constantly checking my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

OneRuler

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem with loss of 3G connectivity and unable to make outgoing calls. I'm not running Apex or any other ROMs - just stock.

I did recently do the OTA update to Gingerbread and believe the problems started with that update and the new Moto Blur.

Switching to airplane mode does nothing. Forcing the phone to CDMA-only does nothing. When I try to dial a normal phone number, it immediately disconnects and shows 00:00 as the call time. When I try to dial *228, it says my phone needs to be activated. When I push the "Activate" button it says it cannot complete the activation (obviously because it can't connect the call).

The problem occurs every 3-4 days, and the only way I can currently fix it is by rebooting the phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

OP
P

PeddlerOfFlesh

Reaction score
It started happening to my wife's phone after the GB update too :-\.

doniago

Reaction score
Same here actually. Since a reboot fixes it I hadn't made an issue of it, but...it is annoying.

OneRuler

Reaction score
For what it's worth, my PRL is 52299, but I'm not sure that's really the issue. It's more like the 3G radio is being shut off and can't be turned back on without a reboot.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Droid loses ability to call out, until a re-boot

Same thing has started happening to my Driod X. Seems to have started right after the Android 2.3 update. Droid will function fine, then maybe after 20-30 hrs, it can't call out. Bars are there. Use the dialer or direct from the contact - looks like it is going to call, normal in-call progress screen appears, then just blanks out. The only fix so far is ON/OFF. I guess i need to bring it back to Verizon.

OP
P

PeddlerOfFlesh

Reaction score
My phone stopped having this problem after I moved to CM4DX. I don't think that was the fix though, as my wife's phone also stopped having this problem around the same time. She is on stock GB. I have no idea what caused it, or what fixed. Also no idea why my PRL is lower than everybody else's.

OneRuler

Reaction score
I thought the problem had disappeared as it hadn't appeared for quite awhile. Unfortunately, like most problems that disappear on their own, this one reappeared on its own as well. Had it happen to me yesterday for the first time in a week or two. Still running stock and still no clue as to why this happening.

Last edited: