No update

soulshot96

Reaction score
I was just at a Verizon store and they told me Samsung said that they would not be updating the fascinate. AT ALL. NEVER.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

ziggy484

Reaction score
Whatever, the devs will continue to hook us up

sent from a Superclean, Voodoo Fascinate

jds54

Reaction score
I doubt it's Samsung on this issue.
Verizon is making this decision because they are locked into selling all the new phones coming out with 2.2 and newer versions.
The fascinate is a good phone. By updating it they will cut into sales of these new phones. It's all about money and inventories they committed to.
So they will screw all of us who were told it would get an update.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Samsung has to have some part in this. They want people to buy thier new more expensive phones. But who knows.... Samsung phones on other carriers have recently gotten froyo right, like the epic. Maybe vzw does have a part in this.

Sent from my fascinate

hoppermi

Reaction score
There was another leak released today. If its not coming, why are they still building for it? BTW "EC01" is pretty damn good, its not perfect, but what release is. I would be shocked if the Fascinate never gets a Froyo update. With Googles tightening stance on manufacturers keeping up to date, Samsung can't afford to have this on their record. Just my opinion...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes you make some good points. Maybe Google is dropping the hammer. Froyo is running pretty good with SC. I am happy with the fascinate rooted.

Sent from my fascinate

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Mayb they will just update it when 2.3 comes out jaja thad be funny. I mean by the time all the fascinate users get 2.2 other phones will have 2.3 or 2.4

Rooted Samsung Fascinate

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The nexus s already has 2.3. Why not give us gb. But the leaks seem to be pointing to froyo so far.

Sent from my fascinate

tfotos

Reaction score
Yup. When my contract is up with VZW I am going to get a windows phone with AT&T. I already have Zune on my desktop and I won't have to worry about any more shenanigans from VZW

Sent from my ComaVolted Fascinate running SC 2.9.2

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Please take this with a grain of salt, but since when did Verizon reps know ANYTHING? These are the same people that said we'd have an update last year, then this year, then "uhhhh we don't know, but we'll update you when an update will be released". I'll stick this heavily under the rumor dept. If we get an official update and source "yay", if not..I hope the development community can farm the source from the other Galaxy S phones and keep us up to date.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is what Verizon and Samsung need to recognize. They are losing customers do to this. I still like android and the fascinate is still a pretty solid phone once rooted IMO. But they should provide us a better out of the box experience with these phones. I hope Google is working on quality control. At least source for the mesmerize is available so the developers have something to work with. It looks like the developers care about us more than Verizon or Samsung does. Samsung is still better than Moto though at least, I will never buy another Moto product again.

tenacious bee

Reaction score
Fact : The store rep is either misinformed, guessing or saying what they feel is necessary to sell a contract.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums