No "undo" feature on the Droid?

corvettemit

Reaction score
Is it me or is there no "undo" feature on the Motorola Droid?

Menu+Z does not seem to do anything on my phone.

Stigy

Reaction score
I don't believe there is an undo feature built into the Android OS.

What were you trying to do that needed to be undone if you don't mind me asking?

OP
C

corvettemit

Reaction score
like if you're writing an email on the phone and accidentally delete or overwrite a section of text -- you can't "ctrl z" it back. seems like that erased text is lost forever.

strange, because the G1 has an undo function (menu+z). Why would android 2.0 not have it? this is very basic functionality

or is it just my phone only?

Royal2000H

Reaction score
Bump this...
I cant count how many times I clicked Alt+Delete after a really long message and lost it all...

daminsky

Reaction score
Alternate Keyboard or Messaging program

Bump this...
I cant count how many times I clicked Alt+Delete after a really long message and lost it all...

I hate the Alt+Delete!!!

It doesn't do it when I use Touchdown for Email. Perhaps there is an alternate keyboard or Messaging program that doesn't use the Alt+Delete (delete current line or entire text message).

Help! Every time I do this, I want to slam the phone onto the ground.

ib2qwik2c

Reaction score
i wasn't aware of this problem but really surprises me there isn't an undo feature???

2.1 should definitely have this. its more a requirement than a feature. specially with the keyboard shorcut to delete everything..

mudpro69

Reaction score
When I want to remove text in a textbox. I simple long press the field and select cut from the hidden menu...Works with XScope and stock browser anyway....

classicpenny

Reaction score
Is it me or is there no "undo" feature on the Motorola Droid?

Menu+Z does not seem to do anything on my phone.

Related questions: WHY WAS IT NECESSARY TO OMIT THE "UNDO" FROM THE DROID'S OPERATING SYSTEM AND IF IT WASN'T NECESSARY, WHY ISN'T THERE MORE OF A FUSS ABOUT THIS???

Leaving the "undo" out of an operating system seems like a MAJOR omission to me. Or maybe corvettemit and I are the only two people in the Droid world who make mistakes???

Oh - I forgot to mention: over in the Palm Pre world there are a few more highly exercised individuals who (apparently) also make mistakes from time to time. The idiots who coded Web OS made the same omission, and they aren't talking either.

I really really would like to know what's going on here.

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
Bump cuz this prob has been a bit irritating. It always happens after a long message to cuz I try to hit the shift for larger case letter but accidentally hit alt and the back space and poof! Everything in the txt is gone.