Where is the launcher icon?

hollywood1

Reaction score
Hello all! I am new to this fourm and new to the droid world. I wanted to begin by saying hello to all.

I have a Motorola Droid and somehow I placed the video icon over the launcher icon in the shortcut bar. The was done accidentally and I can not undo the overlay or locate the ADW launcher icon anywhere on the phone. Since misplacing the icon I have to launch apps through manage applications in the settings menu. Can someone provide me with instructions to either undo the overlaying of the icons or locate the ADW launcher icon and return the icon to the shortcut bar on the home screen? This would be a great help. Thanks.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Hit menu button, then preferences. That takes you to ADW's settings. I think theres a restore default in there. That might do it for ya.

end of line...

OP
H

hollywood1

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I selecting reset and restore in the ADW setting menu but this did not return the launcher icon to the shortcut bar of the home screen. I am wondering if it will be necessary to reset the phone and return everything to the factory defaults to correct the issue. Do you have anymore suggestions? The phone is running Android version 2.2.1 with CyanogenMod version 6.1.2.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok....long press on the screen, choose launcher actions and open app drawer should be there. Then just drag it where you want it.

end of line...

djakrse

Reaction score
You can recreate the app launcher icon by tapping, menu > add > pick your activity > custom shortcut > launcher actions > open/close app drawer. Then, drag to dock.

PS sorry i see you got it figured out. I thought i read the last post! :)

Last edited:
OP
H

hollywood1

Reaction score
All, thanks. The instructions above worked perfectly. I have a lot to learn regarding this phone and this forum is a great place to begin.