No Sound after HeadPhone Use

idle0095

Reaction score
Here is my problem
The problem is that after using my Nexus with headphones, there is no sound through the built-in speaker after unplugging the headphones. Using headphones again does work. Essentially the Droid is stuck in Headphone mode. So the nexus always thinks during a phone call im in headphone mode.

A user TRTG from DF.net made an app called audiotoggle. It dont work as good as I thought it would.

My question is how do you fix this? I asked in the rom section of the rom in using with no answers. Does anyone know what could be wrong? How to fix this?

jefferai

Reaction score
Here is my problemThe problem is that after using my Nexus with headphones, there is no sound through the built-in speaker after unplugging the headphones. Using headphones again does work. Essentially the Droid is stuck in Headphone mode. So the nexus always thinks during a phone call im in headphone mode. A user TRTG from DF.net made an app called audiotoggle. It dont work as good as I thought it would. My question is how do you fix this? I asked in the rom section of the rom in using with no answers. Does anyone know what could be wrong? How to fix this?
Did you figure it out? This just happened to me, and so far nothing I've tried has worked.

OP
I

idle0095

Reaction score

jefferai

Reaction score
Yupe called VZW and had them send me a replacement. Its a hard ware issue. My headphoen jack started to only play sounf on one speaker as well. You can download this app https://market.android.com/details?...S5kd2Fsa2VzLmFuZHJvaWQudG9nZ2xlaGVhZHNldDIiXQ.. and it will let you toggle the headphone on and off so you can at least make a call. If it wont let you download it on the nexus I linked the apk here as well.http://bit.ly/zUgJjw
Hi, thanks for the heads-up.I indeed can't download it from Market, but your bit.ly link doesn't work -- seems to lead to some invalid Gmail link...

dmwoods

Reaction score
Wired Headphone Routing Fix

Yupe called VZW and had them send me a replacement. Its a hard ware issue. My headphoen jack started to only play sounf on one speaker as well. You can download this app https://market.android.com/details?...S5kd2Fsa2VzLmFuZHJvaWQudG9nZ2xlaGVhZHNldDIiXQ.. and it will let you toggle the headphone on and off so you can at least make a call. If it wont let you download it on the nexus I linked the apk here as well.

http://bit.ly/zUgJjw

There is an issue with a lot of Android devices where the OS thinks the headphone is being plugged in and unplugged on its own. Try this free application to resolve it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I can't say it is a problem with mine but I noticed with pandora on my phone if I unplug my headphones while it is running will stay on the headphones until I fully exit out of Pandora but with SiriusXM It does not seem to to have any effect on it.

Hopefully this is just another software bug that will be fixed with an update hopefully whenever they decide to release it... and yea I know that's why you can rom it up to 4.04.

I am currently running Pete's BB 4.04 after flashing several others, the radio still sucks, still no docks using the pogo pins (I ended up going out and buying a phillips dock/speaker), and boy those updates are really flying out to us from google.... yeah right!

Never again will I buy a samsung phone. I was trying to show a video of the tornado in dallas several days ago to a coworker. My phone just starts hanging and buffering while looking for a signal... no bars once again.

Another coworker comes out with a droid razr maxx standing right next to me full bars and plays nice and crisp. My fears that I had stated about this thing having a crappy radio came true.

OK, enough of my rant. I just had to vent I am so pissed about buying this thing.

It just pisses me off that if I want to get rid of this and get another phone I am going to get stiffed for a couple of hundred bucks to buy another new even if I sell this.

dmwoods

Reaction score
I can't say it is a problem with mine but I noticed with pandora on my phone if I unplug my headphones while it is running will stay on the headphones until I fully exit out of Pandora but with SiriusXM It does not seem to to have any effect on it.

Hopefully this is just another software bug that will be fixed with an update hopefully whenever they decide to release it... and yea I know that's why you can rom it up to 4.04.

I am currently running Pete's BB 4.04 after flashing several others, the radio still sucks, still no docks using the pogo pins (I ended up going out and buying a phillips dock/speaker), and boy those updates are really flying out to us from google.... yeah right!

Never again will I buy a samsung phone. I was trying to show a video of the tornado in dallas several days ago to a coworker. My phone just starts hanging and buffering while looking for a signal... no bars once again.

Another coworker comes out with a droid razr maxx standing right next to me full bars and plays nice and crisp. My fears that I had stated about this thing having a crappy radio came true.

OK, enough of my rant. I just had to vent I am so pissed about buying this thing.

It just pisses me off that if I want to get rid of this and get another phone I am going to get stiffed for a couple of hundred bucks to buy another new even if I sell this.

Try this app and let me know if it works for you. It's default toggle is OFF, which shuts the headphone intent off.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix