Headphones Issue

inthefad3

Reaction score
I am having issues using headphones on my new Droid X. Unlike many people who apparently have issues with the phone not playing sound through the speaker after using headphones, my issue is almost the reverse. Even though I have headphones plugged in, the sound is played only through the speaker. I have tried several headphones and none work. I know headphones used to work a couple of weeks ago but all of the sudden they just stopped.

The only similar posting I found online about this recommended a hard reset but I would like to exhaust all other options before doing so drastic.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Note: I tried to use the FM Radio to see if this worked and all I get is an error message saying to plug in headphones when they are already plugged in.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am having issues using headphones on my new Droid X. Unlike many people who apparently have issues with the phone not playing sound through the speaker after using headphones, my issue is almost the reverse. Even though I have headphones plugged in, the sound is played only through the speaker. I have tried several headphones and none work. I know headphones used to work a couple of weeks ago but all of the sudden they just stopped.

The only similar posting I found online about this recommended a hard reset but I would like to exhaust all other options before doing so drastic.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Note: I tried to use the FM Radio to see if this worked and all I get is an error message saying to plug in headphones when they are already plugged in.
Here's something you might try. Take a QueTip. Remove the cotton from one end and see if you can unstick whatever is sticking that thing.

It's an old trick we use to use with Blackberry. I'd say if that doesn't work, exercise your warranty option.

OP
inthefad3

inthefad3

Reaction score
I was going to reply that I never liked that recommendation when I used to have my Storm and read their forums but took a peek into the jack and I'll be damned there seems to be something in there (probably lint). I used a needle and carefully moved it around and the headphones now work. I will wait till I am home to finish getting it out under a light. Thank you!

Moos

Reaction score
I had the same issue. headphones worked fine for about 3 days, then what your saying started happening. At first it was intermittent but after 2 more days, no more headphones. Only way i could get them to work was to wiggle and hold the plug where it enterst he X just right. I took the phone to the verizon store, they verified what was going on, and I had a new droid X overnighted to my house the next day. Sent my old one back in the box provided and problem solved!

I was actually really impressed with verizons customer support, this was a few weeks back as well when the X's were hard to get, I figured it would take a few weeks to get a new one. Went in on a monday night afterwork and had my new phone delivered wed afternoon.

Hopefully you can just remove whatever is in there and be back in business though.