no slingbox compatability....no droid

garyhesq

Reaction score
You need a Droid compatible application to run on the phone in order to connect to the slingbox and control it.

JohnnyDroid

Reaction score
The op might be a troll but why have a freaking meltdown over someone not digging your new toy? The slingbox isn't for everyone but if you live half your life on the road it's awesome, and let's face it, we're waiting for the Droid to do TV. Tv.com is a joke. Youtube works ok in low-def but when you bump it up to hi-def it freezes repeatedly.

The beauty of the Slingbox is that it ties into your DVR meaning that you can d/l all your favorite shows and watch them from anywhere. You can even program it from on the road.

No I'm not returning my Droid, but I do want Slingbox (or at least FLASH FOR ANDROID!!!).

JayMonster

Reaction score
The op might be a troll but why have a freaking meltdown over someone not digging your new toy? The slingbox isn't for everyone but if you live half your life on the road it's awesome, and let's face it, we're waiting for the Droid to do TV. Tv.com is a joke. Youtube works ok in low-def but when you bump it up to hi-def it freezes repeatedly.

The beauty of the Slingbox is that it ties into your DVR meaning that you can d/l all your favorite shows and watch them from anywhere. You can even program it from on the road.

No I'm not returning my Droid, but I do want Slingbox (or at least FLASH FOR ANDROID!!!).

It is not about the Slingbox. Nobody is knocking Slingbox. Sure for those that use it, it would be cool if there is an app. But from him user name on down, he is a troll. You come into a forum for people that like a product and go and bash it... for what? It is not like it is a "surprise" that Slingbox hasn't released a client for it yet. And if that is the sole reason you do or don't buy a specific phone... rather than a phone, I think a life is needed to acquired.

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
Lol I think u all scarred him away he hasn't posted once since he opened the thread... or maybe he did already return it???

inahaz

Reaction score
You need a Droid compatible application to run on the phone in order to connect to the slingbox and control it.

I'm not doubting you, but please elaborate. I can hit my sling boxes with my computer browser with only flash installed. (I'm not running any other program.. plus the tivo remote is available.) I've done this on several other computers with only a browser. Why wouldn't it be the same using the browser on the phone with flash? What is missing?

Aaron636r

Reaction score
I use SlingBox for testing for the car computer my company builds. I dont think it works that great in my opinion.

kilo

Reaction score
LOL @INFERNO

I hear the RazR has a voice commands feature!! And you can set contact pictures!!!

garyhesq

Reaction score
I'm not doubting you, but please elaborate. I can hit my sling boxes with my computer browser with only flash installed. (I'm not running any other program.. plus the tivo remote is available.) I've done this on several other computers with only a browser. Why wouldn't it be the same using the browser on the phone with flash? What is missing?

I didn't know you could do that. How are you entering in the finder id# and such to get logged into the box itself without the software on the PC?

normwerner

Reaction score
I too wondered wtf is slingbox, so I looked it up. It's a TV viewing app for iPhone and now available on Blackberry. Eventually it will be on Android-based phones, too.

The people harping about it not beign there are apparently interested in buying toys, so no big loss there. Why not ***** that you can't play your x-Box games on it either. No smartphone will make everyone happy, but not many will do what you can already do on the Droid and certainly not toys like the iPhone.

I primarily wanted a phone that would help in my business envirnoment, not another entertainment/game console or music/TV player. Different strokes for different folks. Party on little dudes.

Norm

nyijedi

Reaction score
I've had a slingbox since it launched, and I regularly used sling's app on my windows mobile phone before I got a G1 (I've since switched to a Droid). Although I would LOVE to have an app for my Droid, I can't see this being a dealbreaker for me. Plus, as many have already mentioned, it's only a matter of time before Sling releases an Android app.

BTW, at least when a Sling app is released for Android, chances are it won't be CRIPPLED like the iPhone version, which only allows you to use the app while on wifi. Yeah...that's a great deal.

joeyspindler

Reaction score
any new updates on when slingbox will be on android. im patiently waiting:)