No SD card access

crackerjack989

Reaction score
Hello! Im pullin my freaking hair out over this damned phone. A few months ago I dropped my phone and my external sdcard stopped working. It was whatever I still had my internal I could use and it was all fine and stuff.

I'm running the team venom ICS rom, rooted, amon ra recovery.

I tried "updating" the sd card drivers to new ICS drivers that work for new ICS roms instead of the gingerbread roms. This sent the phone into total hell. Now my internal sdcard is no longer accessible through the phone or through recovery.

SO. I have no idea what to do. I cant put the old drivers back on without access to some sort of storage on the device (that I personally know of). Ive tried to "push" the new .zip file to flash in recovery to no avail. It cannot find any sdcard directory. The USB ms toggle actually got it it pop up in windows but needed to be formatted. This also did nothing. I can push to /data/ but have no idea how to get recovery to load the .zip from there. The only option I currently have to put anything on this phone is through adb or fastboot.

I'm so confused I have no idea what to do, XDA will not let me post without having 10 posts first but Ive found no other problems exactly like this. PLEASE HELP! All I wanted to do was try to get my external sd card to work and now neither of them work and my phone is really janky :(

OP
C

crackerjack989

Reaction score
Hello! Im pullin my freaking hair out over this damned phone. A few months ago I dropped my phone and my external sdcard stopped working. It was whatever I still had my internal I could use and it was all fine and stuff.

I'm running the team venom ICS rom, rooted, amon ra recovery.

I tried "updating" the sd card drivers to new ICS drivers that work for new ICS roms instead of the gingerbread roms. This sent the phone into total hell. Now my internal sdcard is no longer accessible through the phone or through recovery.

SO. I have no idea what to do. I cant put the old drivers back on without access to some sort of storage on the device (that I personally know of). Ive tried to "push" the new .zip file to flash in recovery to no avail. It cannot find any sdcard directory. The USB ms toggle actually got it it pop up in windows but needed to be formatted. This also did nothing. I can push to /data/ but have no idea how to get recovery to load the .zip from there. The only option I currently have to put anything on this phone is through adb or fastboot.

I'm so confused I have no idea what to do, XDA will not let me post without having 10 posts first but Ive found no other problems exactly like this. PLEASE HELP! All I wanted to do was try to get my external sd card to work and now neither of them work and my phone is really janky :(

When I have the phone running and plug it in to my laptop, set it to disk drive mode. HTC STORAGE shows up as only 12.0kb with LOST.DIR and EXTERNAL STORAGE DRIVE H: says nothing is there

acejavelin

Reaction score
What is the current state of your Rez (S-On/Off, locked/unlocked, firmware/hboot/radio version)... can you post the first 6 or so lines of your HBoot screen?

OP
C

crackerjack989

Reaction score
S-ON, unlocked

hboot screen reads as follows

VIGOR PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.25.0000
RADIO-1.22.10.0421r/1.22.10.0424r
OpenDSP-v13.6.0.7611.00.0104
eMMC-boot
Apr 12 2012

acejavelin

Reaction score
S-ON, unlocked

hboot screen reads as follows

VIGOR PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.25.0000
RADIO-1.22.10.0421r/1.22.10.0424r
OpenDSP-v13.6.0.7611.00.0104
eMMC-boot
DATE and TIME (Didnt think was needed)

Oh, well, your on ICS already so your GB driver update probably messed stuff up but your good... That is 3.14.605.12 firmware, just grab the RUU (not the ZIP, the exe file) and go, should restore internal SD, external probably just needs a format to FAT32.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

OP
C

crackerjack989

Reaction score
Where can I find the EXE of the RUU? I got a RUU from android police thats a zip file with a ton of disc images in it.

rezound_AndroidPolice_4.03.605.2_ph98IMG.zip

acejavelin

Reaction score
Where can I find the EXE of the RUU? I got a RUU from android police thats a zip file with a ton of disc images in it.

rezound_AndroidPolice_4.03.605.2_ph98IMG.zip

Yeah, don't use that one. Once you get on that firmware it's really hard to get off without going S-OFF. I'll try to pull up the link this afternoon, but its on XDA in the how to downgrade and fully upgrade your Rezoynd thread.

OP
C

crackerjack989

Reaction score
Awesome! thanks, Ill give that a try. So at the end of this I will have to call and get my phone activated again?

OP
C

crackerjack989

Reaction score
So when I try and run the new RUU updates, I ran fastboot and relocked the phone, then ran the new RUU. the 1.00 and 1.02 RUU brings up an error saying it cant be done. The 2.01 RUU pops up error 155 UNKNOWN ERROR, when I pull the USB it says HBOOT version is older. Im stumped :\

acejavelin

Reaction score
So when I try and run the new RUU updates, I ran fastboot and relocked the phone, then ran the new RUU. the 1.00 and 1.02 RUU brings up an error saying it cant be done. The 2.01 RUU pops up error 155 UNKNOWN ERROR, when I pull the USB it says HBOOT version is older. Im stumped :\

Run just the one I mentioned above for 3.14.605.12, RUU_VIGOR_ICS_35_S_VERIZON_WWE_3.14.605.12_Radio_R S_1.22.10.0424r_3622A_MR3_9K_release_270509_signed .exe... Part 2a, step 5, Dont follow the whole guide. You shouldn't get a main ver error since that is the version you currently have.

To do the other ones you will have to be S-OFF, but if this one fixes it there is nothing else to do.

OP
C

crackerjack989

Reaction score
Well it worked! thank you much! Now Im on stock GB and Im trying to update. Problem is Im pretty sure my ext sd is just shot. tried multiple cards and nothing mounts. So I need to flash a rom through internal sd or through cmd.

ARA 3.15 is already on, the flash zip menu reads nothing on ext sd (obviously) and internal read LOST.DIR still! Im so confused, I have a ph98img.zip on root of internal.

When I originally tried flashing new drivers it installed from internal sd perfectly fine but now it wont read ANYTHING! Am I just missing something here? Or how can I flash a rom through CMD?

Ive been reading so much info that its just all getting kinda jumbled together. Can I fastboot flash boot.img? Or do I need the zip file?

Sorry total scrub at this but Im trying to learn!

acejavelin

Reaction score
Well it worked! thank you much! Now Im on stock GB and Im trying to update. Problem is Im pretty sure my ext sd is just shot. tried multiple cards and nothing mounts. So I need to flash a rom through internal sd or through cmd.

ARA 3.15 is already on, the flash zip menu reads nothing on ext sd (obviously) and internal read LOST.DIR still! Im so confused, I have a ph98img.zip on root of internal.

When I originally tried flashing new drivers it installed from internal sd perfectly fine but now it wont read ANYTHING! Am I just missing something here? Or how can I flash a rom through CMD?

Ive been reading so much info that its just all getting kinda jumbled together. Can I fastboot flash boot.img? Or do I need the zip file?

Sorry total scrub at this but Im trying to learn!

You are on ICS, not GB.

You do not flash ph98img.zip files from internal storage, they are for flashing S-Off or signed images from the external sd.

So if you go in in Settings-Storage, how much space does it show for internal and external storage?

OP
C

crackerjack989

Reaction score
Total Space: 16gb
Available: 12.19gb

Phone Storage
Available: 10.15gb

SD Card
Total Space: unavailable
Available: unavailable

And now the damn thing wont even update from verizon. 205mb update and it says no service. Been seeing this problem everywhere!