No sd card access with S3

DaveWhoDat

Reaction score
So after nearly 2 years with my trusty S2, finally got an S3. Tried in vain to move apps and a few photos to sd card. Yes, I installed a brand new intact and working Skandisk 8gig. The phone will not move anything to sd card. Called Samsung tech support and was told since the inception of ice cream sandwich, moving apps to the sd card is no longer possible. Photos and music are still able to be stored there
Had I known this, I would have never purchased the stupid thing. A high end phone that is designed to function solely on internal memory? That's just stupid.
Hopefully there is a way around this, because otherwise I like the phone very much and planned on keeping it long term. If not, I'm taking it back.
Any suggestions?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
This is just how it is for all the newer phones. You may be able to root and move SOME things but rooting can lead to problems returning it.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Sgt Fury

Reaction score
This is correct with newer phones and larger internal storage there is nolonger the option ti move apps to external. Rooting however is an alternative. ;-)