NO recovery... phone freezes...

Drukan

Reaction score
First off ... THIS IS NOT A SLCD PHONE!!!!!

Im currently runnning 12.11 MIUI
Invisiblesk #18
and CWM shows 2.5.0.5

Issue... i cant boot into recovery. Ive tried adb, quickboot, RomManager, Hard keys.... all methods lead to the white "HTC INCREDIBLE" screen and freezes. Ive let the phone sit for at least 30 min in that screen with no change. Ive tried flashing alt recovery with Rom Manager. Ive tried flashing several older recoveries via RomManager... Noe have fixed the issue. I cant update, backup, flash do anything with no recovery... ANY help would be appreciated....

Nevermind... FIXED.... For anyone that wants to know how.... I took a PM31IMG.zip and deleted everything but the recovery image inside copied to sd card and ran Hboot!

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Moved to correct sub-forum

OP
Drukan

Drukan

Reaction score
Have you tried flashing a recovery through hboot?
Thanx thats what i just did ... i forgot that the PM31IMG.zip from my last radio update actually has the recovery img. I removed the RADIO img and ran it in hboot.

DInc_Mo

Reaction score
Either I am doing something wrong or this is just not working in my case.
Can you possibly explain what you did to fix? My phone currently does not have a recovery and I am losing my mind in trying to get my phone back.

"So today I updated my CWM to 3.0.0.7
I decieded to look around at the roms that are out.
I have been running IncRom 1.2
I noticed that IncRom has produced a new rom and I wanted to try it out.
So, I selected the new rom to download. I selected "wipe data and cache". The phone went to re-boot and I got the HTC Incredible white background screen. Then the screen went black and does nothing.
I pulled out the battery and went into HBOOT. I selected recovery. Then the phone goes back into the black screen. I selected factory rest. Then the phone goes back into the black screen. If I select reboot. The phone stays locked at the HTC Incredible with the white background screen.
Any and all suggestions are welcome.
Thank you for your time!"