No Network Connection

stephnpc

Reaction score
We just activated our Droid Bionics last night and no network connection. Called Verizon and ended up with Tech Support who seemed to know nothing about what the issue is even after speaking with his Supervisor several times. In fact, he advised us to wait overnight and see if the 3G (not 4G in our area yet) would appear since he could not see that our SIM cards had transferred from the Samsung Charge to the Droid Bionic. Well, after waiting several hours, I started searching and found to change to CMDA from the CMDA/LTE. When I did that, it still did nothing but once I changed the CMDA roaming mode simply from B to A and back to B again the 3G appears and the phone appears to work fine.

I'm just concerned after reading everything that there is a problem with the phone and we should request replacements. We experienced such a horrible time with the Samsung Charge that I am concerned about keeping the Bionics even a couple of days without replacing. It is my understanding that this is not an issue with every Droid Bionic but just some and not even central to a specific area after reading lots of forums.

Thoughts?

........wishing I was on the beach instead of worrying with another Verizon phone issue.....

tips2u2

Reaction score
We just activated our Droid Bionics last night and no network connection. Called Verizon and ended up with Tech Support who seemed to know nothing about what the issue is even after speaking with his Supervisor several times. In fact, he advised us to wait overnight and see if the 3G (not 4G in our area yet) would appear since he could not see that our SIM cards had transferred from the Samsung Charge to the Droid Bionic. Well, after waiting several hours, I started searching and found to change to CMDA from the CMDA/LTE. When I did that, it still did nothing but once I changed the CMDA roaming mode simply from B to A and back to B again the 3G appears and the phone appears to work fine.

I'm just concerned after reading everything that there is a problem with the phone and we should request replacements. We experienced such a horrible time with the Samsung Charge that I am concerned about keeping the Bionics even a couple of days without replacing. It is my understanding that this is not an issue with every Droid Bionic but just some and not even central to a specific area after reading lots of forums.

Thoughts?

........wishing I was on the beach instead of worrying with another Verizon phone issue.....

I purchased the Bionic the 1st day it came out on Sept.8th, 2011. I had similar "network" issues as well as not getting my email sync. I was at the store 5 times and on the phone over 6 times to try to resolve that problem, which no one was aware of. Each time, I was told to remove the battery and reset the phone. At the store, they even totally restored the phone to its factory settings and nothing seemed to fix the issue for more than 30 mins.
I finally returned the phone prior to the 14 days time limitation and went back to my DroidX, which never game me any problem with Network connection or not being able to go to the web as well as not being able to receive or send emails.
The store offered to exchange the Bionic for another one, but without another 14 days return. I didn't want to take a chance in case the problem was with the new Software, which obviously must be since you're having the same issues.

My advice to you is to return the Bionic and give Motorola a few weeks/months to fix their bugs.

Mondingo

Reaction score
Go into settings under battery and data manager. Select data delivery and make sure data enable its checked. Mine was not on when first turning on. After this no problems. If not try removing the battery and restart. Hope you get it fixed. Its really a great phone. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

allstuff

Reaction score
I cannot receive any email - I keep getting an error message -- "Unable to connect. You need a network connection to use this application. Please turn on mobile network or Wi-Fi in Settings." I go to the settings and the Mobile network is checked. I then check Wi-Fi also and it still will not work. It just says scanning and then shows disconnnect. Ater a while it wll connect to my office internet. However, the Mobile network has not worked for a day and a half now and even with it checked it shows it not working. I am about to pull my hair out. :mad: Mail was coming in just fine until around 9 am yesterday. Well, now that I am connected through my company, the Inbox is showing empty. It has deleted what was in there.

allstuff

Reaction score
I have rebooted, pulled the battery several times, and just went into airplane mode. I just noticed that one of the folders is syncing but that is not the main folder. I have 7 folders all total that I sync. One of the 7 is syncing and all 7 are checked.