No MP3 Nor Pandora playback

bmac420

Reaction score
subject says it all really. flahsed to Liberty yesterday, love it its snappy and the themes are awesome. can't get any mp3 playback though. not through stock music player, blur music player, winamp, poweramp, alarm clock, 3rd party alarm clocks, even pandora wont play. it does play .wavs.

any ideas?

anrichardson

Reaction score
subject says it all really. flahsed to Liberty yesterday, love it its snappy and the themes are awesome. can't get any mp3 playback though. not through stock music player, blur music player, winamp, poweramp, alarm clock, 3rd party alarm clocks, even pandora wont play. it does play .wavs.

any ideas?

I get mp3 playback on mine. Music and Winamp both work just fine, Droid X.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Sounds like you are not on .340 yet... did you ever do the OTA or apply one of the patches? If so, do you have stagefright enabled?

OP
B

bmac420

Reaction score
Sounds like you are not on .340 yet... did you ever do the OTA or apply one of the patches? If so, do you have stagefright enabled?

I did do OTA, previous to this rom i was on Fission, should i have sbf'd first? i suppose i still can do that. and i never messed around with stagefright so should i disable it?

thank you for posting something helpful dancedroid

OP
B

bmac420

Reaction score
THANK YOU InKarnit!!! enabled all stagefright features and i'm back in business!!!

OP
B

bmac420

Reaction score
within the liberty tool box i hit "turn **** on" so i would call that enabling... no?

OP
B

bmac420

Reaction score
So.... all is basically well except for pandora. Pandora loads including an album cover but wont play then eventually tells me it cant retrieve music... anything else?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
B

bmac420

Reaction score
So its gotta be an AAC support problem in the media framework likely disabled since that seems to be what my phone does