No Media Found

SteelerFan

Reaction score
this just started happening with my age HTC1 when I get a message that is a picture message and I go to tap on the picture once it's open to make it larger it says no media found if I long press it it gives me the option to save it or view it if I hit save it goes to the gallery if I hit viewthe black screen comes up again saying no media found

Thanks For Any Help

VidJunky

Reaction score
What app are you using to get these messages? Each SMS, messaging, and mail app have their own way of doing things so without knowing what you are using it is difficult to help. Not knowing enough to really say what the issue is here are some things to look at and/or try;

Menu>Settings>Apps>All scroll to find the app you are using, open it and manually clear the cache. Apps that continue to run in the background sometimes don't dump their caches fully or at all. By clearing the cache you are giving your app the most resources that are available to it for the app to perform.

Open the app you are using and reduce the number of messages you are holding onto. Often SMS apps eat up a lot of their resources storing MMS files or hundreds of SMS messages, and they kind of loose their minds if they aren't cleaned out every once in awhile. Also if you are concerned about loosing messages there are several apps at the Play Store that offer backups for these items. Some are cloud based some are device based as a compact file.

Open the multi task window and close apps running in the background while you are trying to save the image or opening the file. Multi task window opens by double tapping the home button, and swiping apps up closes them.

Attempt to open the message or save the file after restarting the device. Restarting the device essentially closes all running apps but it also purges the memory. One note about this is it is sometimes better to power off the device rather than doing the restart.

If none of these help provide a bit more info and we'll try again.