No joke. How I doubled my battery life

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
i can turn my phone off while its plugged in. but the led light goes off which means its not charging. also has anyone noticed a difference in charging speed when plugged into computer vs plugged into wall outlet? i am definitley going to try this though i was under the impression this was common advice for a new battery. not one thats been used..

May just be the way i think and now sure why i think it but i think charging from the wall is faster than the computer but once again i could def be wrong, i've never actually timed it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had droidmod overclocked and set CPU and there is no doubt that it had a negative effect on my battery. Its the main reason I still run stock.

You do know that setcpu has profiles that help save the battery when the phone is not in use, right? The settings in these profiles are very important. The blackdroid forum has a great thread on these settings.

Also whenever I see another one of your threads extolling the virtues of stock, I repeatedly ask you if you realize that the newer ESE53 roms are head and shoulders above the Droidmod rom that you were using. Since you are a mod, wouldn't you like to try the newest roms so you can better advise those who read your many posts regarding rooting, roms, and overclocking?

No offense intended, just curious. I used to run the Droidmod rom and it does not compare with BlackDroid's latest offerings.

No offense taking. I'm just sharing my experience. And yes, I had my profiles set and it ate my battery like no tomorrow. Probably BlackDroids works better, I've heard nothing but good stuff about his work. I just choose at this time to wait for 2.1.

SGTiger

Reaction score
No offense taking. I'm just sharing my experience. And yes, I had my profiles set and it ate my battery like no tomorrow. Probably BlackDroids works better, I've heard nothing but good stuff about his work. I just choose at this time to wait for 2.1.

I had my profiles set also, but my Droid continued to eat a lot of battery until I used Skull One's settings for best battery life found here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/blackdroid/31461-over-clocking-101-concert-blackdroid-roms-2.html

Now my battery lasts longer than it did stock. Thanks Skull One!

Last edited:

cisco0910

Reaction score
We can charge the battery with the phone off to the op. Plug droid in and while plugged in power off. It won't turn back on unless you hit top button or you unplug power cable then reinsert

Mine immediately restarts without doing anything ... tried doing what you said here just to double check. It was plugged in so I powered off and didn't touch anything ... came right back on! I cannot charge it while it's off.
That is wierd mine does not do that...

cisco0910

Reaction score
We can charge the battery with the phone off to the op. Plug droid in and while plugged in power off. It won't turn back on unless you hit top button or you unplug power cable then reinsert

I respectfully disagree with that. When I plug in to charge and shut the phone OFF using the top button it just turns back on, all by itself. It has done this since day one.
To you also, mine will remain off until i manually turn it on via top button or like mentioned earlier, unplug power cable then reinsert. hmmm.. interesting

ValkF6

Reaction score
To you also, mine will remain off until i manually turn it on via top button or like mentioned earlier, unplug power cable then reinsert. hmmm.. interesting

Mine works that way too.