Just got my Droid, question.....

skelt11

Reaction score
How many of you actually charged your Droid for 24 hours before you used it? Should I to help ensure max battery life? Its killing me not to play with it!!!!

n0cturne74

Reaction score
Mine was 3/4 charged right out of the box and yes I played with it immediately and charged it when I went to bed.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not really an issue with the Droid's battery. You can play with it before fully charging without any negative effects on battery life/performance.

OP
S

skelt11

Reaction score
Awesome

Thanks guys! I'm activating it right now!:icon_ banana:

keiichi25

Reaction score
The whole 'charge for 24 hours' part is recommended mostly so you condition the battery. It doesn't really 'ruin' it because you want to play with it before the 24 hour period.

The only reason I and others recommend doing it is so you don't bias yourself on the battery life seeming 'short' because of that.

There is no memory on the charge either, so don't worry about using it and not having a good 'charge' out of it because you didn't do the 24 hour part.

The important thing to understand is, as eager as you are to play with it, don't judge it too harshly at the beginning, give it a few days and a good proper charging cycle to base your opinions battery wise... And read up on some of the forum discussions on how to improve battery life. :)

Sidewind

Reaction score
You dont have to "condition" these batteries..thats old school nicad these batteries do not require conditioning..dosnt matter if you dont charge it for 24 hrs first or not

medicTHREE

Reaction score
How many of you actually charged your Droid for 24 hours before you used it? Should I to help ensure max battery life? Its killing me not to play with it!!!!

modern batteries don't get a memory and thus dont need to be charged/discharged. They like frequent charging though, so whenever you can throw it on a charger.

Reaction score
love this forum we jump in and answer ?????? from me to the people in the forum your great in my book thanks to all of you