No facebook notifications.

kendallj76

Reaction score
I have tried looking everywhere but I can't find an answer to this issue.

When I had the android 2.1 os I would only get facebook notifications when someone friend requested me. After the 2.2 update I started getting all notifications which was awesome. But now I do not get any notifications. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling fb and nothing. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I was getting them before the update and was still getting them after to. Had my phone replaced and ever since that I have not gotten them. I even called verizon and they sent me another replacement phone but I still am not gettting them.

damorg

Reaction score
Did a google search on recent problems with Facebook notifications on Android and this thread came up.

I have a Droid X and I stopped receiving FB notifications a few days ago...perhaps it is the new 1.5.1 version of the app?

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
Did a google search on recent problems with Facebook notifications on Android and this thread came up.

I have a Droid X and I stopped receiving FB notifications a few days ago...perhaps it is the new 1.5.1 version of the app?

What thread? I went onto the Android facebook and it seams there is a lot of ppl that stopped getting notifications to there Android phones. All I got to say is that wheather its Android or Facebook they got to fix this problem lol

damorg

Reaction score
I meant this discussion thread here that we're posting in but you're right...there sure are a lot of reports all over the place. I saw similar reports in the Android Market and possibly on the Facebook app page. You say you saw other reports and there are plenty of similar-sounding issues on forums all over the place...it's possible that it's coincidence or overal flaky push or that a lot of people are experiencing similar problems....

A few possible other reports:

Facebook Instant Notifications - Android Forums

I also posted in this thread:

Facebook push notifications not working AT ALL. - xda-developers

This user thought it's related to a move from Android 2.2 to 2.3 and then thought it was related to a task killer but another user reports probs with 1.5.1 and 1.5.

These folks think it's related to their Liberty custom ROM:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...ons-not-working-anyone-else.html#post1267859h

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
Lol ok I gotcha. Lol. Yeah I don't know what it is from just hope it gets fixed soon