No Exchange Widget?? Really??

SilasStone

Reaction score
Hey all! I'm the proud new owner of a Droid X and have spent the past few nights trying to find a widget to display unread email from my Exchange account. Problem I have is the stock Motorola is the only one I can find that can do this!

I'm pretty savvy when it comes to this stuff, but for the life of me I can't find an alternative. I've even gone so far as to try out Touchdown with the Pure Messages widget ala K9 plugin. Unfortunatley, you need a WebDAV configuration in K9 for the plugin to work (which I don't have).

About the best thing I've found is the Executive Assistant widget which would be absolutely perfect if it worked with my Exchange email. Has anyone heard/seen of any widget that can do such a simple task? I'm just shocked that with all the apps for Android that this doesn't exist!

New2Dx

Reaction score
I also just got a DroidX and I use Touchdown with exchange for corporate email and my Touchdown widget shows my unread emails if I leave it on the "email" screen.

Maybe I'm not understanding your question.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid so my experience may be different.

I use Exchange with the corporate email app that came preinstalled with my phone. I'm rooted and have wiped data and cache many times and when I reactive my account (gmail) the app is there.

Mike

keiichi25

Reaction score

I use Exchange with the corporate email app that came preinstalled with my phone. I'm rooted and have wiped data and cache many times and when I reactive my account (gmail) the app is there.

Mike

I don't believe there is a Corporate Email app, as the Exchange part is part of the E-mail general app itself. You might be thinking of the corporate calendar widget, which Froyo 2.2 merged with the Calendar app so it is no longer separate.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mike

I don't believe there is a Corporate Email app, as the Exchange part is part of the E-mail general app itself. You might be thinking of the corporate calendar widget, which Froyo 2.2 merged with the Calendar app so it is no longer separate.
Perhaps I've misunderstood so here is a screen shoot. It is the app between K9 and SetCPU

OP
S

SilasStone

Reaction score

Mike

Perhaps I've misunderstood so here is a screen shoot. It is the app between K9 and SetCPU

Yeah, that's just the link to the Email inbox. What I'm referring to is a widget that displays unread emails at a quick glance on one of the home pages. Ideally, it would display missed calls, unread emails and SMS and the next few appointments on your calendar.

In a former life I had a Windows phone with SPB mobile shell and honestly haven't found a better interface since. If only WinMo's had an ounce of stability...<sigh>. Anyhoo, here's a pic of a SPB shell screen for a general reference.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Buy Pure Messenger....I think it's $2-$3. I have a 4X4 widget that shows all unread texts, gmail and exchange (via the K9 for Pure app)...voicemail, too, since google voice emails me a transcript with the mp3 attach..

You could also have twitter and facebook on there, but I don't use them. The widget will show about 9 unread messages and then a simple button click scrolls down to the next 9. Can handle up to 3-4 gmail and K9 accounts each. Only downside is K9 does not support exchange push yet, but there are polling options for 1, 5 and 15 minutes (in addition to 30, 60, etc...).

You might also take a look at Executive Assistant.

Last edited:
OP
S

SilasStone

Reaction score
Buy Pure Messenger....I think it's $2-$3. I have a 4X4 widget that shows all unread texts, gmail and exchange (via the K9 for Pure app)...voicemail, too, since google voice emails me a transcript with the mp3 attach..

You could also have twitter and facebook on there, but I don't use them. The widget will show about 9 unread messages and then a simple button click scrolls down to the next 9. Can handle up to 3-4 gmail and K9 accounts each. Only downside is K9 does not support exchange push yet, but there are polling options for 1, 5 and 15 minutes (in addition to 30, 60, etc...).

You might also take a look at Executive Assistant.

Thanks for the suggestions, however I addressed the issues with both of these options in my opening post and explained why they can't/won't work.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, however I addressed the issues with both of these options in my opening post and explained why they can't/won't work.

Sorry, don't know how I missed that.

What do you mean you don't have a webdav configuration? Can you connect to your exchange through the stock e-mail? If so, you should be able to connect via K9, although there may be issues with Exchange Server 2007.

1) webdav server might be the IP address like 192.65.110.1 - get this from your IT dept. Or it could be a .com address. This might be tripping you up.

2) exchange path is probably exchange/username

keiichi25

Reaction score
Silas, what version of Exchange Server are you currently on?

I think the main problem here is that a lot of the apps rely on the WebDAV interface which is probably causing most of your problems and the Google Generic Email app was not setup to give that level of information at this time.