No equalizer in music players?

dberthia

Reaction score
I like to mess with the equalization settings for my music, but it appears there is no equalizer available in the default music player or any other 3rd party player. Am I missing something? This seems like basic functionality that is missing.

rushmore

Reaction score
I like to mess with the equalization settings for my music, but it appears there is no equalizer available in the default music player or any other 3rd party player. Am I missing something? This seems like basic functionality that is missing.

Not possible unless Android allows access to raw audio streams. Same lock down like video codecs. This would have to be requested by Motorola. I am not kidding.

OP
dberthia

dberthia

Reaction score
Bumping this up to see if anything has changed. I just can't believe in this day and age that this isn't available.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I would also like to know about this, seems silly for how advanced the phone is.

kacansas03

Reaction score
Eq player is...

The name of the player is AudioPlayer With EQ Platinum and it will vibrate your headphones!! Minor problems at first but once I got used to it, Wow!:)

kacansas03

Reaction score
Didn't work out well!

It started having problems on my Eris and then is caused problems with the controls of my Eris. That is about the worst result I could ask for from buying an app. IMO don't get Audio Equalizer from Cyberfort, it needs work.

kacansas03

Reaction score
Yeah and it is not so good

audio player with eq platinum is like 30 bucks...
I didn't mind the sound it put out but I did NOT like the effect it had on my ERIS. I had to remove battery and reset to get it back to working normally. Good sound shouldn't have to be at the expense of the unit. So I am using my Sennheiser HD 570's or HD 280 Pro's and the sound is good. I think I will get a cMoy Bass Boost amp. I have an external headphone mic and control cable that I can use which will help too.

tonynalli

Reaction score
they have like a bronze version that doesnt give you an eq to fully adjust but has presets that are plenty fine for me. i dont care about spending the money but i was a bit surprised when i furst saw it. the version i bought was like 5 dollars. i love the better sound quality that i get, my skull candy headphones have great sound and i can literally feel the boom in my head. i love the player. however i do have some problems with it. i dont like how it stutters when im doing anything other then using the player. and i dont like that it doesnt automatically shut off when i get a phone call or unplug my headphones. if the more expensive player doesnt do this then i might consider buying it...

kacansas03

Reaction score
The more expensive version has those same problems. I use a Droid ERIS and it may make a difference which phone you have but the EQ Platinum caused more problems than you talk about on my phone. I looked into how a program can be written to play music with an EQ and it is complex plus the program must alter presets and basic function on the phone to continue to operate after the phone powers off the screen plus should be able to properly interrupt music for a phone call but it had problems with these functions on my ERIS. Not a good buy.

they have like a bronze version that doesnt give you an eq to fully adjust but has presets that are plenty fine for me. i dont care about spending the money but i was a bit surprised when i furst saw it. the version i bought was like 5 dollars. i love the better sound quality that i get, my skull candy headphones have great sound and i can literally feel the boom in my head. i love the player. however i do have some problems with it. i dont like how it stutters when im doing anything other then using the player. and i dont like that it doesnt automatically shut off when i get a phone call or unplug my headphones. if the more expensive player doesnt do this then i might consider buying it...