Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
You don't have to have the text, the rep is wrong and trying to screw you.
However you are the kind of people that piss me off. You are willing to spend $200 on a phone and then your ***** and moan because of an extra $20 a month..serious what is $240 at the end of the year?
sorry had to vent, but serious $20?

This is probably one of the most assanine messages I've seen posted here. $20 extra is alot to a lot of people. Why in gods name would you pay $240 a year for something you have absolutely no interest in using. The Droid does so much more then text, you can get a free phone if that's what your main concern is..

y0manda

Reaction score
I have 4 lines two of them are droids. I have the 1400 nation wide family share. The of the lines have 5$ text. That's an extra 15$ for text on the three lines we don't even use because we have the data plans and use instant messengers like google talk. think I'm going to cancel our text plans now that I am thinking about it

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I have 4 lines two of them are droids. I have the 1400 nation wide family share. The of the lines have 5$ text. That's an extra 15$ for text on the three lines we don't even use because we have the data plans and use instant messengers like google talk. think I'm going to cancel our text plans now that I am thinking about it

Yeah wouldnt be a bad idea if you dont use them and can save money.

OP
P

PapaDeuce

Reaction score
You don't have to have the text, the rep is wrong and trying to screw you.
However you are the kind of people that piss me off. You are willing to spend $200 on a phone and then your ***** and moan because of an extra $20 a month..serious what is $240 at the end of the year?
sorry had to vent, but serious $20?

So, you enjoy giving away $20 monthly for something you NEVER use? I'll give you my address and just send me $240 so you can save on postage.

Gremlin

Reaction score
I always go to the corporate stores.. I always go to one store to ask questions and upgrade my phone.. Always get good discounts/deals from that store..

Congrats on the new phones :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Same here but have the unlimited text added.....Daughter has a Cosmos and does about 9k a month in text.....now that summer is here that number will go up...lol

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

Same here but have the unlimited text added.....Daughter has a Cosmos and does about 9k a month in text.....now that summer is here that number will go up...lol

Haha damn, yeah during summer she will definitely be doing a lot more texting haha. Why is it women love to text so much? lol. Its been a while since ive heard a woman say "Give me a call". They always say "Text Me" now lmao.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Haha damn, yeah during summer she will definitely be doing a lot more texting haha. Why is it women love to text so much? lol. Its been a while since ive heard a woman say "Give me a call". They always say "Text Me" now lmao.

She texts me from her room when I'm in the house.....Drives me crazy. Her highest month was just under 14k....

wsbsteven

Reaction score
When Windows XP launched, I went to Bestbuy to purchase my upgrade and the salesman told me I had to sign up for 1 year of MSN dialup. I told him I had broadband and didn't need dialup but they insisted I needed dialup anyway. I then told the saleman I worked for an ISP and have free dialup if I ever needed it and it's not required to buy crap internet access when purchasing software. After much fighting and me not backing away from my stance, the rep finally sold me the software.

I wonder how many people that guy ripped off by taking advantage of uninformed consumers. It sounds a lot like your VZW Corp store guy.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
When Windows XP launched, I went to Bestbuy to purchase my upgrade and the salesman told me I had to sign up for 1 year of MSN dialup. I told him I had broadband and didn't need dialup but they insisted I needed dialup anyway. I then told the saleman I worked for an ISP and have free dialup if I ever needed it and it's not required to buy crap internet access when purchasing software. After much fighting and me not backing away from my stance, the rep finally sold me the software.

I wonder how many people that guy ripped off by taking advantage of uninformed consumers. It sounds a lot like your VZW Corp store guy.

Salesmen will say anything to make a sale....I used to be one. Got tired of the BS after 2 years and quit...

biggs

Reaction score
awwww come on im a salesman I dont do that I have to look the customer in the face an if i screw them you know who they are gonna come back to me an ohhh no i dont do that customer pissy bs i shoot em straight an tell em how it is thats the best way to be an the most money to be made by repeat biz so salesmen there are good one there are bad ones WE just have a bad name in general lol thanks for listening to my ramble :icon_ banana:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

She texts me from her room when I'm in the house.....Drives me crazy. Her highest month was just under 14k....

Haha thats funny. She cant just walk out and talk to you? lmao... 14k texts in a month is just CRAZY!

Flowah

Reaction score
"why would you get a droid if you arent going to utilize it for texting and email and what not"

The email works just like the texting...only in a less annoying way. Why would you pay for texting when email does the same job better for free?

E-mail works like texting except not everyone has a phone/plan that allows for e-mail on their phone. Texting is more widespread.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie

Haha thats funny. She cant just walk out and talk to you? lmao... 14k texts in a month is just CRAZY!

Heck that is almost an average for my teenager. She on average texts about 12-13K a month. We have had a few months that come close to 16k. Since she just graduated and got the Incredible I am curious how high this summer is going to go. Thank god for unlimited plans.

lizm

Reaction score
I just bought my DInc last week and at that time, switched to Verizon (from another carrier). I did this on Amazon.

I got my minutes, the required unlimited data plan and for an additional $20 a month, the text plan which was NOT required.

Once I am comfy using Google Voice for texting I'll drop the text plan from Verizon.