No Dial Pad

Cowwgirllupp008

Reaction score
I have an HTC Incredible 2 and idk y but the dial pad on the home screen wont pull up when i touch the "Phone" button on the screen a little box with the word "phone" pops up and thats it!!! Is there somethin i can do to fix this or do i need to take it in and get a replacement?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
One of the first things I'd try is to restart it or power it down, pull the battery, wait a minute, put back in, and power it back up. EDIT: I thought of something else. Before you try that there is a button next to the call button. Try pressing that. That might bring your keypad back up. Do this before you power it down.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Last edited:
OP
C

Cowwgirllupp008

Reaction score
I have tried both of those and it didnt work i downloaded an app for a dial pad for now but i would really like to figure out whats wrong and get it fixed or get a replacement!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I can't think of what else it could be right now. It's been a while since I've used a stock dialer. I use Go Contacts now. My wife isn't home otherwise I'd take a closer look at her dinc2. If you phone is still under warrenty maybe the best thing is to take it back. Unless you can live with the other dialer. I love the one I use. I skinned it to match the theme of the rest of my phone and it looks great. If anything give Go Contacts a chance. You might find that you like it better. I'm the meantime keep checking back in here someone else might have another idea.

Last edited:

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I just thought of one more thing to try. You could try a factory reset. But when you do this you'll lose all your installed apps and custom settings. This would probably be the final step that VZ would have you do before they exchange the phone anyway. The phone will be like the day you took it out of the box after you do this.