No Data For My New Bionic

USMCsilver

Reaction score
I posted this in the other forum, and it got no action. Shoulda posted it here:

Long story short, the phone worked yesterday just fine. Today, it doesn't.

Spent about 1hr 15mins on the phone w/ Verizon today. Got to 2nd tier, did a lot of on/off, SIM card in/out...ended up doing a hard reset/restore factory default. This, after 2 hours yesterday getting it to where I want it.

Well, after all that, still nothing.

They said it may be a tower issue.

In my area, there's no 4G. So, awe, hell, I don't remember the "explanation". But as of right now, I can make calls, and play with WiFi spots.

Settings...
About Phone...
Status....
Mobile Network State = "disconnected"

They just can't get it to connect. Bleh. :icon_evil:​

FWIW, they said something about tower issues and all the new activations, and how it's a problem on their end. I'm not believing this. The Verizon store is about 30 miles away, and I really don't wanna go over there and have to deal with getting a new phone. However, if I don't get any data by Monday, I guess I'll be waiting on their doorstep when they open.

OP
U

USMCsilver

Reaction score
Just saw this solution on another thread.

I did it and it's fixed.

Wonder if it's a hardware or software issue. Wonder if they're aware? And...is it happening TO EVERYONE? If so, hope they get it resolved soon!

johnd09

Reaction score
All 4G phones have had data connection problems, don't think cdma and LTE like each other.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

coogi97

Reaction score
I have 4g in my area but when i travel to a 3g area it won't switch to 3g it would say no data connection. So I'll have to go to settings and switch to cdma only then I'll get 3g but wen go back to the 4g area i have to switch it back that sucks!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

reebz

Reaction score
Try toggling airplane mode. I was told by wireless rep at Costco that there may some issues with data connectivity and toggling airplane mode should bring it back.

coogi97

Reaction score
I did but it still wont switch from 4g to 3g automatically. A verizon rep just told me there is a ota update coming to fix it and a couple of other things. Just hope the update dont make things worse like it did with the Thunderbolt

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums