My Verizon APP Stuck on Bionic

sabres4510

Reaction score
While trying to login into the my verizon app is told me my password was incorrect. I went through the steps to change my password and was given a temporary password via text message from verizon. I went through the process and got an error message at the end. I tried unistalling the app and clearing the data but everytime I went back to the app it takes me to the forgot password sceen. I called verizon and after about 30 minutes of being told to do steps I had already done they told me I needed to do a factory reset. Any Ideas?? Verizon said I was the 10 person to call with this problem today?

collindv

Reaction score
Try clearing data on the verizon single sign on engine app

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

brockw1964

Reaction score
You are better off not going through that. After I enrolled in it to access the NFL ap, it unlocked a bunch more bloatware crap apps that weren't there before?:angry:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You are better off not going through that. After I enrolled in it to access the NFL ap, it unlocked a bunch more bloatware crap apps that weren't there before?:angry:

Unlocked?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unlocked?

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past Big Red...My gf has that app and was excited she had an easy way to monitor how much data she had used because she's on tiered (Her upgrade didn't come soon enough).
She tries to ALWAYS be on wifi and found out she had to get on 3G connectivity to use My Verizon...

Anyway, sorry to hijack this thread somewhat. I'd be interested in hearing what additional bloatware was unlocked.

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Honestly, I wouldn't put it past Big Red...My gf has that app and was excited she had an easy way to monitor how much data she had used because she's on tiered (Her upgrade didn't come soon enough).
She tries to ALWAYS be on wifi and found out she had to get on 3G connectivity to use My Verizon...

Anyway, sorry to hijack this thread somewhat. I'd be interested in hearing what additional bloatware was unlocked.

That has been a complaint about the vzw mobile app since day one. Not sure why it requires a cellular connection. Maybe authentication purposes?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
That has been a complaint about the vzw mobile app since day one. Not sure why it requires a cellular connection. Maybe authentication purposes?

I suppose, but its not like you can't access your My Verizon from any computer as long as you have the correct login info.

And to be clear, I know you don't know the answer and are just throwing a possibility out there. I apologize if I came off as rude.

I believe it's just a sneaky way for Verizon to get you to turn off wifi, forget you turned it off, and run up your data usage.

Last edited:

brockw1964

Reaction score
Unlocked?

Immediately after I went thru the process of registering w/Verizon on my handset to access the NFL app, the following appeared in my app drawer:
VCast Media Manger
VCast Music
VCast Tones
VCast Videos

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Are u sure they weren't there before and you just didn't notice it? Those apps were installed on my Bionic since I turned it on for the very first time.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
That's odd. I haven't used the My Verizon app on my Bionic yet or even clicked on it. All those apps were there from the first time I powered it on.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Immediately after I went thru the process of registering w/Verizon on my handset to access the NFL app, the following appeared in my app drawer:
VCast Media Manger
VCast Music
VCast Tones
VCast Videos

That's weird. I've always had those and I haven't registered.

ambrown

Reaction score
I wouldn't even try to do anything with Verizon's crappy apps. Try "3G Watchdog", free on the market, its much better and more functional.

My wife used Verizon's app for a while but it was a bust. For one thing its not up to the minute, it updates with the latest data info once per day(if you're lucky). It just does that one thing, and does it poorly.

3G Watchdog gives you up to the minute details about your data usage, and you can even set it to alert you if you're getting close to going over your plan. If you root then it can even switch off 3G/4G automatically in combo with Juice Defender. Save yourself the time and disappointment with the my Verizon app.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app