No data connection after factory reset

LyuboLove

Reaction score
So, after somehow managing to mess up a root with a 1-click rooting program and wiping both my memory card and phone apps, I finally managed to do a hard reset and also reset the system recovery features.

I had trouble getting the phone to do anything. When it first kicked up after the hard reset, I had an activation call go through, which didn't really do anything for me. I couldn't send or receive calls, texts, and couldn't get any sort of data connection.

I went to Verizon, and luckily I covered up my tracks well enough to where they didn't suspect I had attempted rooting. They fixed it and now I can send or receive calls, and also send or receive texts. However, I have no 3G, 1x, or any kind of data connection. The girl punched in a bunch of network addresses at Verizon to get the phone semi-fixed, so can I do the same for my data connections? I already did *228 and *22899. Not sure what much else I can think of...

I've got a Droid Eris now running 2.1, fully stock and unrooted.

Thanks, guys.

OP
L

LyuboLove

Reaction score
So, after somehow managing to mess up a root with a 1-click rooting program and wiping both my memory card and phone apps, I finally managed to do a hard reset and also reset the system recovery features.

I had trouble getting the phone to do anything. When it first kicked up after the hard reset, I had an activation call go through, which didn't really do anything for me. I couldn't send or receive calls, texts, and couldn't get any sort of data connection.

I went to Verizon, and luckily I covered up my tracks well enough to where they didn't suspect I had attempted rooting. They fixed it and now I can send or receive calls, and also send or receive texts. However, I have no 3G, 1x, or any kind of data connection. The girl punched in a bunch of network addresses at Verizon to get the phone semi-fixed, so can I do the same for my data connections? I already did *228 and *22899. Not sure what much else I can think of...

I've got a Droid Eris now running 2.1, fully stock and unrooted.

Thanks, guys.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds to me like something still wasn't flashed right. Short of messing with the RUU, I'm not sure what you can do, other than take it back to Verizon and telling them Its still not working.

OP
L

LyuboLove

Reaction score
Sounds to me like something still wasn't flashed right. Short of messing with the RUU, I'm not sure what you can do, other than take it back to Verizon and telling them Its still not working.

Yeah I'll just see if anyone here might have some ideas first. I don't feel like dealing with tech support right now haha. Thanks for the advice.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you call VZW to verify data is active on your MDN?

OP
L

LyuboLove

Reaction score
Did you call VZW to verify data is active on your MDN?

When I took it there, I'm not sure if that's something they checked. What's an MDN anyhow? M...Digital Network?:icon_ banana:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mobile Directory Number, which is your phone number.

OP
L

LyuboLove

Reaction score
Mobile Directory Number, which is your phone number.

I see. Seems like a good question to ask, yeah. Not sure why it wouldn't be. I'm paying for the data plan and everything, and I doubt this is something that could have happened outside my phone other than what I did. Worth looking into though.

The girl's conclusion at VZW after she called a friend was that sometimes a factory reset can wipe off the whole internet function on the phone which A) is not what I wanted to hear and B) hardly makes sense unless I'm missing the equivalent of a driver on a computer.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I see. Seems like a good question to ask, yeah. Not sure why it wouldn't be. I'm paying for the data plan and everything, and I doubt this is something that could have happened outside my phone other than what I did. Worth looking into though.

The girl's conclusion at VZW after she called a friend was that sometimes a factory reset can wipe off the whole internet function on the phone which A) is not what I wanted to hear and B) hardly makes sense unless I'm missing the equivalent of a driver on a computer.

Well, either way, I would address it with VZW. I've never seen a factory reset completely kill 3G.

OP
L

LyuboLove

Reaction score
Well, either way, I would address it with VZW. I've never seen a factory reset completely kill 3G.

Understandable. Still can't hurt do some research first. I feel like an idiot for messing this up in the first place so wanting to see if there's a way to fix it myself first with some help.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure to turn WIFI off. See if the data connection pops up. You might have to cycle (turn mobile network off then on again) it after turning the WIFI off.