no data but everything else works.

mrags2000

Reaction score
Hi New to droid life. got a droid x 2.2 firmware and for some reason today i have no data. im at work where it has normally worked fine since i got it. shows 3G with more than enough bars. Calls, Texts and Emails all work fine but nothing else that requires internet. unfortunatly i am work so can test it on wifi. tried taking battery out, no help. Any suggestions before i make the dreaded call to verizon?

i have had this happen too, i cant get internet to work and the weather widget wont update

Hi New to droid life. got a droid x 2.2 firmware and for some reason today i have no data. im at work where it has normally worked fine since i got it. shows 3G with more than enough bars. Calls, Texts and Emails all work fine but nothing else that requires internet. unfortunatly i am work so can test it on wifi. tried taking battery out, no help. Any suggestions before i make the dreaded call to verizon?

Well, you're right something is definitely wrong. Welcome to the Droid Forums.

We know your data is working because you are seeing a 3G signal and you are getting email. So why isn't the browser working?

I don't think WiFi would make a difference.

Did you check to see if you have all your windows open in your browser? Make sure they are closed. I take it you've tried to get into the Market and that fails too. Clear cache, data, and cookies.

Verizon won't be able to help you with this. I just checked Google to see if anything is being reported being out. There isn't. I tried my own browser, it's working fine.

I'd say wait until you get home and then see if you still have an issue. It could be possible that it's a tower problem I suppose, but your email is working. That requires data.

Sorry, I know that's not much help. Don't want to try anything to heavy duty until you get to another area.

Back