No data at times?

Jonas

Reaction score
I have noticed this, but with a different scenario. At the hose I'm currently living in, I got tired of the home computer killing bandwidth, so I bought a severely limited wireless router, and hardwired my PS3 into it, and ran the home computer off of the router via a wireless connection. And I notice loss of data connectivity when someone is using the home computer. This has led me to believe the CM7 ROM, while superb in most ways, does have a flaw in establishing wifi. If you don't follow that conclusion, I should point out that my phone has a continuos wifi draw from the router, while I am in the house, and the computer does not, until it is turned on. So when it is turned on, I think the signal becomes so weak, the OS cuts the link, and does not reestablish it properly.

Now for my solution: I have found that a simple wifi widget toggle works most of the time for me, but a hot reboot solves any problems the widget doesnt. You might be asking, why should I have to wait so long for the reboot, but if you turn off boot animations, a reboot does not take that long at all. Approx. 1.5 mins if you aren't loaded down with AF apps. I do not have my phone handy on me at this second, so I will have to get back to you guys on how to turn off your boot animations if you don't know how, as it currently escapes me. When you start fooling with roms, and trying to find bugs, to help the devs, you get used to having reboots quite a few times a day. And remember, your ROM is still a hack, so it's not going to be as smooth as the stock OS.

Last edited:

AZRocktoy

Reaction score
I have found that in settings, data is disabled. Once turned back on, data is back to normal. I have not determined yet what is turning the data off.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
Now that Liquid is released you can ride on that until CM7 has all it's bugs fixed cuz I know how annoying that data coverage just disappearing can be.

Jonas

Reaction score
I just wanted to point out to some of the guys that are bummed about restarting your phone. If you download an app called "widgetsoid", you can make a widget that will hot reboot your phone with just a touch. I tried it, and it took approx 30 seconds from touching the widget, to being fully rebooted and ready to go. Just a helpful hint!